Room for Rent and other rental scams
#31164 by Michelle Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:29 am
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 04:14:08 -0700
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: 1br - Charming One Bedroom, Move in Ready.....in aberdeen

To: Michelle

The house is still available for rent; the house was completely renovated easy access to Public Transportation. The Bedroom house is equipped with everything you can need for your stay: fully equipped kitchen, Refrigerator, Microwave, Gas Range,Dishwasher,Garbage Disposal,Hood Over Range,Granite Counter,Available,washing machine..... Bedrooms, bath.. And large living room with appliances including in-suite washer and dryer,electric heating,Wall Furnaces.

Terms and conditions: Utilities are included in the rent.
Refundable Security deposit: 300Pounds
min rental: 1 months 300Pounds
maximum rental: 6 year + or more

Thanks for contacting us about our Awesome Bedroom, Bathroom. Gorgeous!. I want you to understand that we are not after the money but searching for a good person to take good care of our property, for the prize, we agree to negotiate with you.

I will love to have showed you round the place and the inside, but am sorry we are presently out of town. My wife is one of the coordinator of United State Missionary Organization now she advised me to rent/lease our property because she was posted to Western Africa Countries (Nigeria) by the United State Christian Organization for (Worldwide Missionary Outreach). We could not find an honest agent to hand over the place before leaving the state so we decided to post the property online.You can drive by the house to view it from outside.

Here is our rental application form that you will have to fill if you are still interested in this rent,and pictures of our property.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM
Neatly complete all information below. All other applicants over the age of 18 must complete and sign their own application.

TENANT'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
FIRST NAME: __________________
MIDDLE NAME: __________________
LAST NAME: __________________
PROFESSION: ________________
PHONE (____) __________ (WORK)
PHONE (____) __________ (HOME)
MARITAL STATUS: _________
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: ___________________________
CITY: _______________
STATE: ______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
HOW LONG? ___________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?
CURRENT RENT: _______
PREVIOUS ADDRESS: ___________________________
CITY: ________________
STATE: _______________
ZIP CODE: _____________
HOW LONG? ____________ IF RENTING,HOUSE.
WHY DID YOU LEAVE?
PREVIOUS RENT: _______
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? ____________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
*PETS*
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
KIND OF PETS: _____________
WEIGHT: ___________________
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE? ______________
DO YOU DRINK ALCOHOLIC? ______________
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT? ____

I CERTIFY that answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for tenant screening as may be necessary in arriving at a tenant decision. I understand that the landlord may terminate any rental agreement entered into for any misrepresentation made above.you can bring in your stuffs and items.

Thank And God Bless.

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement