Room for Rent and other rental scams
#31315 by Michelle Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:43 pm
To: Michelle
Subject: RE: Reply to your ad: Spacious One Bedroom Flat For Rent In Bournemouth Immediately
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:31:18 +0000

Thanks for your email and it is my gladness hearing from you. I am Noland Christ, the owner of the flat you are making inquiry about. Actually I resided in the flat with my family, such as my wife and my only daughter before and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in MALAYSIA and presently my flat is still available for rent for 100 Pounds per week/400Pounds per month including the utilities like hydro, washer and security,it is fully furnished.

We try to look for an agent that we can give this key and document before we left but could not see and we are as well don't want our flat to be used any how in our absent that is why we took it along with us here MALAYSIA.Please i want you to note that, I am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this flat and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken,it is not the money that is the main problem but we want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i came for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word. And below is the rent application which you will fill so that we can proceed further on how you get the key and document okay.

Here Is The Address Of The Flat:412 Kinson Rd Bournemouth, Dorset BH10 5EY, UK

=================RENTAPPLICATIONFORM=================
(Private and Confidential)

Also, Please let me get answer to the application below :-
1)Your Full Name ?
2)Your Full Address Where You Reside Right Now ?
3)Reachable Mobile Phone Number ?
4)Age ?
5) Sex ?
6)Are You Married ?
7)How many people will be living in the flat?
8 )Do You have a Pet ?
9)Do You have a Car ?
10)Occupation ?
11) Citizen Of Which Country ?
12)How Long Did You Want To Stay ?
13)What Is Your Moving In Date ?
14) How Many Month Rent Are You Willing To Pay ( First 1month rent + Security Bond Deposit = 700Pounds ) or If You Pay ( First 2month rent + Security Bond Deposit = 1,100Pounds ) And Get 1 Month Free...So which one do you prefer ?
15) When Did You Please On Moving Out ?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i want you to stick to your words,We are putting everything into God's hand,so please do not let us down in this property of ours and God bless you more as you do this.

Await your reply soon.

Thanks and God Bless You

Mr Noland Christ

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#31320 by Michelle Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:47 pm
Sent:
To: Michelle
Good to Read From You and I want you to know you are such a nice person that we need to rent our flat for So i Want you to know that i am very happy & excited to read from you that you are ready to take very good care of my flat so you are ready to move in now there is no problem and when ever you move in the rent start from there so the payment will be made to me via Western Union or local store nearest to you. Below is the information where to send the money to.

Reciever's Name :Noland Christ

Reciever's Address :64, JALAN MENARA GADING 1 TAMAN CONNAUGHT, CHERAS KUALA LUMPUR. MALAYSIA 56000

Text Question : Who is our Saviour

Text Answer: Jesus Christ

When payment is being done from the Western Union,you will be giving some information which you would have to get back to me below :

Sender's First Name :

Sender's Last Name :

Full Address :

10 Digit Money Transfer Control Number :

Amount Sent :( )

Once payment is been confirmed i will commence on how to get the keys release with the The tracking number and Arrival Time of the package of the keys ,so you can easily occupy the flat immediately, once again i want you to stick to your word as you promise that the flat will be clean and tidy up everyday. I will really appreciate it as soon as the payment is done so that i can commence on the delivery of the keys.

Hope to read from you with the details.

Thanks And God Bless You.

Noland