Room for Rent and other rental scams
#241453 by Michelle Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:39 pm
Date: Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: RoommateLocator.com Listing Response
To: Michelle Banks

Hello,

Thanks for the interest you have in my Apartment. My Apartment is still available for rent and you can move in as soon as possible as you like,here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit.

* Rent : ($800 per month)
* Minimum Stay : 2 weeks
* Maximum Stay : For as long as you may like..
* Type of lease : Both short and long term
* Security Deposit: $ 800.00 (Refundable at the end of the tenancy)
* Utility bills inclusive ( water, gas, council tax, TV license and wireless Internet)
* Utility Cost : 0.00 pcm
* All bills included: its fully furnished, bath/wc phone.
* Fully-equipped kitchen
* Vaulted ceilings
* Pet Allowed
* Washer/dryer in unit
* Central Heating & Double Glazed
* Broadband internet connection in each room
* Air conditioning
* Fireplace/select units
* modern English furniture
* Car Park

Available for singles or couples & viewing can be arranged asap..

Get back to me if you are satisfied and your present location

Thanks

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement