Room for Rent and other rental scams
#31556 by Michelle Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:29 pm
To: Michelle
Subject: ***PROFILE ACCEPTED***GET BACK TO ME ASAP
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:46:09 +0000

Hello,
Thanks a lot for your response,My apartment is fully furnished, located in a good and quite neighbourhood.I can also see your williness to rent my apartment,Hope everything is fine with you,so we can proceed,I will give you full description in the package which i will be sending to you via Dhl which will contain entrance keys and the documents of the apartment but you need to make the deposit first to secure the apartment and i am doing this cause i have been taking avantage of before and i am not willing to fall a victim again.You can't view the inside as i told you earlier because the keys and documents are here with me.You can view the location.So if you are comfortable with that, you can get back to me.I know how you feel at this point in time, As it wasn't my fault, as we were suppose to lock up the apartment at the very time we where leaving for missionary trip down to West Africa (Nigeria),and we never had an intension of renting it out. It was just my wife who said it will be wise to rent it out, since she was worried about the maintenance of the inside,So the tenant can always keep it clean ,The rent payment which as agreed as stated in the first mail 100Gbp per weeks which is 400Gbp monthly,But you need to make a deposit of 400Gbp to secure the apartment which is refundable immediately you move in...I would be sending the following documents to you via DHL to your present residential address which you provided to me in your application form and the tracking number will be sent to you so that when you are ready to occupy the place it will be convenient for you.Once again, we are giving you this on trust and honesty and do not dissapoint us and I promise you that you will love it.So i have the keys and the receipt for payment will also be made available, which will be packaged together with the package,But do i email you the lease agreement contract form as attachment for you to go through it sign it and email it back to me after which i will email you my details to make payment Via western union money transfer,Here are the contents of the package.

1)Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)The house documetary file.
3)Payment Reciept.
4)Original signed copy of lease contract agreement

So let me know about your final decision,so that we can proceed on the next step to send the keys of the Apartment to you through DHL as soon as i confirm your first month deposit payment which is refundable after the first month you move in.I will be getting back to you with the tracking number as i have said and the arrival time of the package.Do get back to me with your address where you want the package to be sent to..So fill in your Delivering Information below:

1)Reciever"s Name:
2)Reciever"s Address:
3)Reciever"s Phone #:

Thanks and God Bless you as i look forward to hear from you.
Thanks And Remain Blessed.
Gregory Nelsen
+2347055339056

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement