Room for Rent and other rental scams
#242207 by Michelle Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:03 pm
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: Apartment Inquiry
To: Michelle Banks



Hi dear,
Thanks for your interest in my flat, .its a newly refurbished apartment and presently no one lives in it,
right now I just relocated to Cardiff because I formally live in the apartment. My property comes furnished but you can decide to move in
with your own furniture. All bills are included in the rent with council
tax.
Find below details:
Home Features:
Central Heating Drying machine,
En-suite bathroom,
Fireplace,Washer dryer Lift,Microwave,
Storage space,Washer dryer,Balcony,
Small store room and kitchen fully equipped.
Cable/Satellite CCTV,
Free wireless internet access.
Type: Flat,
Suitable for 2 persons
And suitable for couples too
Secured building
Central heating system
Internet facilities available
Very Close to University College London
minutes to Russell Square tube stations
Nice garage for just one
car.
Area: Bloomsury
London,United Kingdom,
Beds:1,Baths: 1, Floor Level:
Ground sq ft: 710 66 sq m
Status: Available
Rent (per week):£100
Rent (per calendar month):£400
Refundable security and damage deposit:£400
Council tax... All Inclusive with bills.
I will like to ask you some questions,

How many of you will be living in the flat?
Do you have pets?
Where are you presently located?


Let me hear back from you as soon as possible if you will be interested in renting my apartment.


David Connor


This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#242336 by Michelle Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:11 am
[email protected]

Thank you very much,i will be more than happy if you can promise me to clean up my flat everything because i don't mess in the flat but if you can promised me that you will do as i said i will be more than happy to rent the flat for you. Like i have said earlier the flat comes fully furnished and well equipped and air conditioned. All bills inclusive in the rent including internet, water,electricity and cleaning. You will also pay monthly as i wont be around to receive payment weekly.

In other to reserve my flat both of us will have to put a pen on lease contract which my Lawyer will make and i will forward the lease contract to you in other to sign it and send back to me . You will also be paying a month rent and the security deposit into my account to secure the flat and also i will like to know your flight details so as to know your exact arrival date and time.

Listed is the information you will need to provide to make a lease contract and forward it to you as soon as it done.

Your full name:
Passport id:
Your full address:
Phone number:
Move in date and out:


I will be waiting your reply with above information so that the lease will be prepared and also attached is my ID and i will appreciate if you can send me yours too.

Thanks

David
+447024053669

#402946 by mister pancho Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:40 am
This scammer is using the same supposedly UK passport. You can follow the full conversation (at the bottom the oldest/first contact). It was via facebook group "Luxembourg Rooms - Flats - Flatshare For Rent / A Louer". But he first sent a German address. Stupid. In the contract he added the fake/stolen UK passport, using a different name, "Divock Themants" but including this time the same address in Luxembourg (9 Rue du Tramway, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg District) that the girl who posted the studio add sent to me. Sort of fake facebook profile of her because of something weird in the photos. The ad on facebook group was removed shortly after email conversation started:


Daniel Amanyo ([email protected])
13:56 (37 minutes ago)
to me

Yeah, that's fine.


On Fri, Jan 10, 2020, 13:28 Mister Pancho < > wrote:
Thanks for your message.
Before proceed, for security reasons, your IP has been VPN-proof recorded and geo-localized. Same with your mobile device. Is that OK with you?



On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 01:21, Daniel Amanyo <[email protected]> wrote:
Attached is the lease agreement contract form in pdf, you are to review and sign, then send back to me for confirmation. Get back to me as soon as possible with the signed contract so we can proceed.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 8:38 PM Mister Pancho < > wrote:

I am interested. I would like to check the contract
Cheers





On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 20:11, Daniel Amanyo <[email protected]> wrote:
Am sorry it was mistake and that is my address in Munich and my property address in Luxembourg is located at 9 Rue du Tramway, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg District. Let me know if you are okay with my last mention arrangement so i can forward the contract to you.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020, 19:34 Mister Pancho < > wrote:
Hi.

Could you respond my question and confirm the address?

Thanks


On Thu, Jan 9, 2020, 19:21 Daniel Amanyo <[email protected]> wrote:
Good to hear back from you with your detailed response. It is available and you can move at any convenient time of yours. To secure the flat before your move in date, you will need to review the tenancy agreement form, if the terms suits your requirements, you will make a deposit of the refundable security deposit via bank to bank transfer to ensure easy refund if there is any reason for you not to proceed or you have any reason not to come down on the viewing/move in date. Once your deposit is confirmed and paid in my bank, I will issue you the receipt for your payment which you will bring along when we are meeting.

Let me know if you are okay with the arrangements so I can email the copy of tenancy agreement for you to review.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020, 16:42 Mister Pancho < >wrote:
Hi Daniel,


Thanks for your message. Congrats for your new job.
I totally understand your point. As a postdoctoral researcher and a professional with several year of experience in different settings, and as a host several times, I share your views about responsibility, tidiness.
However, you have sent me information about a place located in Germany.
The add posted by Suzan Awade, about a place located in Luxembourg is this:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1584295 ... 988333772/

Could you explain this?
Thanks

MP




On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 16:18, Daniel Amanyo <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks for your interest regarding my house, I have decided to rent the house because I work as an Architecture and just got a contract to work on in Stratford so i am going to spend more time here , I will be here for about 3 years due to the nature of my job. Let me start by introducing myself, I am a neat freak,I keep my house clean and However, I have decided to rent the house out myself to a responsible tenant that can take very good care of it as i am not after the money, I want it to be clean and tidy at all time. The house features :

Laundry, Electric Range, Electric Heat, AMENITIES: Air Conditioning, Patio/Party Deck, Cable TV, Ceiling Fans,24 hours Internet service, Dishwasher,Fire-pit, Garbage Disposal,Microwave,security alarm, Pets Friendly, Refrigerator, Washer /Dryer. All

Utilities are included in the rent.

Pets are allowed as long as they are well behaved and not destructive.

Address- 32 Gabelsbergerstraße Munich, Bavaria
The rent is €750 and security deposit:€500 refundable after your stay in the flat.
Minimum Stay: 1 Month(s)
Maximum stay:1 yr with the option of extending the contract.
Two to three people can stay at the flat.
Please, i want you to note that i am a kind and honest person,also i spent a lot of money on my property that i want to rent out.

Am soliciting for your absolute maintenance of this Flat and want you to treat it as your own,I hope you understand that!!.I want you to

keep it clean and tidy always and I will be glad if you are able to fulfill that at the end of your stay in my flat,that is the reason i decided making the rent affordable..

Can you kindly answer these following questions:

Where are you currently located and what are your full names?

Your nationality?

Your profession?

How long have you been renting ?

Let me know how soon you are willing to move in, as I am deciding soon on who to lease my flat too. Thanks for your interest.

Kind Regards
Mr. Daniel

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020, 11:24 Mister Pancho < > wrote:
Hi Daniel,

I was in touch with Suzan Awade.
I am looking for a studio. I am a researcher.
I will start working at xxxxxx in Luxembourg by mid January.
I would like to have more information about the price, contract and other formalities.
I am currently in xxxxx.
Thank you,

Best wishes,

Mister Pancho


______________________________

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests