Room for Rent and other rental scams
#31560 by Michelle Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:16 pm
To: Michelle
Sent: Sat, 26 June, 2010 20:09:07
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad: Very nice two bedroom flat Exeter

Application Form Information Regarding the flat Issue:::::::::::::::::

Hello,

Thanks for the response concerning the flat and the flat is still available for rent and you will have to fill the flat application form so that can be prove that you have interest in the flat and the flat is very clean,neat and wanted a very nice ,honest trustful person to move in to the flat and you will have to know that you will have to fill the flat form and you will have to agree with the term and condition of the flat and you will have to fill the form below

Full Name:::::::::::
Physical Address:::::
Contact Phone Number::::::
What do you do for a Living :::::::: ?
How old are you ::::::::::::::::::::::::: ?
Have you Marry::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::?
How Many Children do you have:::: ?
How many are you coming in to the flat:::::?
Do you have pet::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::?
Do you have Car ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::?
Do you Drink:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::?
Do you Smoke::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::?
How many month Or Years are you Staying:::::::::::::?
Long Term Or Short Term::::::::::::::::::::::::::
::::::::::::?

You will have to fill the form for the flat application and i want you to know that am not in the country for now am in West Africa doing business with my family that is why we are giving the flat to a good and honest tenant because when we are living the country their is no one we can put in charge of the flat even the lawyers is out of the state that is why we decided that we should lease the flat for rent ourself and the keys for the flat is with us here and the flat as been locked and you will have to drive pass the flat and i want you to email me as soon as you drive pass the flat and details regarding the flat .

ACCOMMODATION AND FACILITIES

Three levels. Ground floor: Large entrance hall with large living room (120 m2) and fireplace. Two ample sitting areas with plush sofas (4 in total). Indoor dinning table that seats 6. When the sliding glass doors are open the terrace, private pool (9m x 4m), and living room combine to create a very big space with a magnificent view of the sea. There is a superb wine bodega. Seperate dining room with 18th century dining table that confortably seats 6. Modern kitchen with central island fully equipped with grill and oven, large refrigerator with dishwasher, microwave and glass door opening onto the gardens. There are five bedrooms: 2 doubles and 3 twins. Master bedroom 1 (queen size 1.60m x 2.00m) with incredible sea views. It has a TV, private interior garden and en suite bathroom with marble murals, big double Jacuzzi bath and separate walk-in cupboard. Master bedroom 2 (queen size 1.60m x 1.90m) with sea views, en suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and hand-held shower, and access to the gardens. Twin bedroom 1 (0.90m x 1.90m) with sea view and glass door. Twin bedroom 2 (0.90m x 1.90m) with glass door onto the gardens and walk-in cupboard. These two rooms share a bathroom. Twin bedroom 3 (0.90m x 1.90m) seperated from the rest, with sea views, en suite shower room with shower, walk-in cupboard and glass doors onto the gardens, ideal for staff or teenagers. Lower Level: Work out area with heated indoor swimming pool (heated in winter) and shower room with glass doors and sea views. First Floor: Study that opens onto a very big terrace with stunning views visible through sliding glass doors.

Facilities include: Telephone, Fax, Satellite TV, DVD, CD Player, Heating, Air Conditioning (heater & cooler) Units in all rooms except living room, Jacuzzi Baths, ADSL Internet Connection, Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Dryer, Microwave, Outdoor Swimming Pool, Indoor Heated Swimming Pool and Garden Furniture.

the flat monthly fees is ::::::::::::::: 400 pounds
Deposit Fees ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 400 pounds

flat Location ::::::::::::::::::::: 19 Southernhay East; Exeter; Devon; EX1 1QD

I want you to know that the method of payment is via Western Union Money Transfer Or Money Gram Transfer because that is the easy and faster way that the payment can be save and you don't have any problem okay and i want you to email me back so that we can move forward and as soon as you drive pass the flat.

Thanks

John

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement