Room for Rent and other rental scams
#242353 by Michelle Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:18 pm
Date: 2015-03-18 8:43 GMT+01:00
Subject: Home details with pictures
To: Michelle Banks

Hello,

Good to read from you, The apartment is currently available to accommodate guest and there won't be any problem having you as our new guest.

Little about us and service rendered to our welcome guest:

I and my partner are British citizen with age range of 39-43 years old and we are interested in hosting students/professional as home stay.

Started as strangers and ended up as friends. We are a NON_SMOKING family & home. We are friendly couple and we enjoy movies, music & camping,cooking and also we love to learn more about our guest and exchange culture,norms and share ideas, e.t.c. Our home is clean & comfortable comes with fully furnished, TV and wireless internet connection. We will provide you a room with an en suite private bathroom, wardrobe, wireless internet connection, 3 linen bed spread, 2 towels. e.t.c. I enjoy and love to cook new dishes from other countries. We are an easy going family and we will invite you to participate in any family functions and join us as a family!.

We do welcome both professionals/students traveling from different part of the world whom are willing to visit, explore or study in London into our stunning home and there are many language schools and Universities/Colleges nearby if you wish to study. Though we also help our guest in other to improve there English skills and also take them around the beautiful places in London in our free time!.

Home address: Kensington Court Place, London, W8 5BJ.

Home description: This apartment is fully furnished, very tidy and modern. It's include all amenities. Home located moments from Hyde Park, this two bedroom state-of-the art apartment (arranged on the second floors of this period building) has been designed to exacting standards with a host of exciting features including an integrated audio system and contemporary fireplace.

The home comprises spacious reception room with home entertainment system, fabulous kitchen with integrated Miele appliances including a coffee machine, bedroom with American black walnut fixtures, en suite walnut dressing room and en suite bathroom with shower cubicle, second bedroom with en suite shower room, guest cloakroom and reserved parking space.

Located moments from High Street Kensington, the property is close to a wide range of local amenities, shops, bars and restaurants.

High Street Kensington (District and Circle lines) is the nearest underground station and the A4/M4 provides motorists with easy access to central London and the west.

Home amenities: TV, CD - DVD - Video,Radio,High-speed Internet with WiFi,Washing Machine ,dryer, Heating, iron and Ironing board,Gas cooker,oven, Electric Kettle,Toaster,Dishwasher,Refrigerator, Microwave e.t.c

We are okay to home stay you and will you be able to take good care of our home like your own? though we also receive a certain amount of 300GBP as refundable security deposit from our guest due to our past bitter experience about guest destroying some of our electronics and furniture during there stay with us. But note the funds is refundable back to you at the end of your stay if any damages not caused by you. Looking forward to read from you.

Regards,
Michelle and Paul.

Date: 2015-03-18 22:00 GMT+01:00
Subject: Home stay contract
To: Michelle Banks

Hello Michelle

I have attached you with the home stay agreement contract to read/sign and email back to me, while you proceed with the payment via wiring service such as Money Gram transfer. I would have asked you to transfer it into my bank account but it usually take five working days or more before it will reflect in my account and it's sometimes cause conflict if the transfer does not enter on time that's why I prefer Money Gram transfer. You don't need to worry about the Money Gram transfer charges because I'll be the one to refund it back to you on meeting. Let me know if this is clear to proceed by providing you with my details to proceed with the money gram transfer. Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Michelle and Paul.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement