Room for Rent and other rental scams
#242364 by marngal555 Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:11 pm
Also observed for listing http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/apa/4938618466.html

Email received from [email protected] :

Hello xxxxxxxxx,

Nice to talk to you The unit you want is available. We thought we had the unit rented to someone we gave a walk through to, but now it seems that they can't get out of their current lease, so we need to keep searching. You were the second one to reach out to me.

I bet you want the address of the place, but my husband doesn't want me to advertise the address as a standard precaution. Last time we did that without being diligent, the empty property was broken into and ripped up. As you can imagine, we want to avoid that! That is why we require you to confirm you recieved your updated credit report before we setup a walk-through.You will be responsible for cable, internet, and phone, if you decide to have these services. For the FIRST time, we are allowing pets at this property. The rental term is one year, but can be switched into a half year lease if preferred. We just ask that you give us fair notice if you are moving out.

If you would like to set up an appointment, go to the link below and request a copy of your free credit report. All of our tenants use this site because it is widely trusted. Just fill out the form and indicate that you want the report. We are not concerned with any negative scores, it's more of a formality to ensure you are a serious tenant. Simply get your report just CLICK HERE

Remember, print out the report and bring it to the tour.. We'll waive your security deposit if your score is above 540+.

Let me know when you have an updated version of your credit report. Then I'll schedule you for a showing.

Thanks,
Danielle Levato
Advertisement

#242399 by Mike Wilson Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:55 am
Hello marngal555 and thanks for posting this information. This is actually affiliate marketing, if you click the link you will be taken to another site where they will want your credit card information. Reading the fine print you find that you are actually signing up for a monitoring service with a monthly service charge.

Free credit reports are free and do not require any credit card information from the individual requesting there own credit report.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon