Room for Rent and other rental scams
#32252 by Michelle Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:04 pm
2010/6/30 paul prince < [email protected] >

Hello,
Good to hear from you and thanks for your quick response the location and the details of the property goes thus:MISKIN STREET, CARDIFF, , CF24 4AS,the amount per month for the doubleroom is just 250 pounds and the refundable security deposit is 250 pounds all bills included,it comprises of room,living room,central heating,bedroom,dinning room with settee,table,chairs,fully equipped kitchen,galley kitchen with microwave, oven cooker,freezer and fridge,private toilet and bath with electric shower,parking space,washing and drying machine,TV,wireless phone,high speed internet facilities ,availability of garage.Get back asap.

Date: 2010/7/4
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad:
To: Michelle

Hi,
I will like you to make a reservation for the property by doing the following necessary procedure:We now proceed to the rental procedure,i will like you to give me your details such as NAME,CURRENT ADDRESS,Date of birth and the DATE you're moving in and the DATE you will be moving out so that i can tell my lawyer to prepare the rental agreement form for you,which i will attach it here with my email then you print it out make a copy for yourself then read carefully and sign on it.After which you will forward it back to me through email so that i can have a copy to myself with your names,current address,the DATE you're moving in and the DATE you will be moving out on it.
After my lawyer might have prepared the lease agreement contract and if forwarded to you then you will make an upfront payment of the deposit that is the housing rental procedure in U.k all bills is included you're not paying any bills again.
Reading the agreement form and after signing on it will guarantee you that I'm rest assured you're capable and ready to occupy my property and the room has been properly reserved for you .Then you can pay the deposit through western union money transfer to me I think this will show your commitment,seriousness and interest in the property,cos I need someone that is serious and ready to take care of my property.Let me know if this is okay by you cause i have been deceived by unserious people about this property,that is why my Lawyer advised me to request for the deposit and first month rent before concluding agreement with anybody.its written in the agreement form that your money(deposit) will be returned to you after your stay in the house.Mean while this arrangement will be reported at the council tax office for any further information.Get back asap.

Date: 2010/7/5
Subject: Re: Reply to your ad:
To: Michelle

call me +447789084491

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement