Room for Rent and other rental scams
#246200 by Michelle Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:32 am
2015-04-14 22:36 GMT+02:00 Gabalova Anna <[email protected]>:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in my apartment, the apartment is located at​ the city center of Bruseels (18 Rue de la Presse, 1000, Brussels) is​ very close to amenities like,restaurant, medical center and​ university....the apartment is fully equipped with modern facilities.​ wireless internet service, microwave, washing machine and central​ heating.. The rent is 350 Euro​​​ per each room​ monthly including all bills and the​ refundable security deposit is 450 Euro. I have been here in United​ Kingdom for past 2 weeks with my family due to transfer at place of​ work and we will be here for 2 years. So the apartment is available​ for short and long term rent.

​As regards the viewing, I'll suggest you to visit and view the apartment from outside since you don't have the keys. However, If you insist viewing the apartment from inside, it means my presence would be required. I have in the past had bad experience with prospective tenants such that my time and effort was wasted when I came all the way from U.K, please understand my point. Can you believe I received a lot of proof from some tenants as well, like passport, job contract showing their earnings, bank statements yet i was disappointed when I came down, they are still asking if the price could go lower and some also told me to wait for them until they get paid at the end of the month So, I'm not interested in documents.

This viewing will make you to have the information about the​ apartment, It's environment, the facilities the apartment has to offer​ which I believe it will further assist you in making your decisions.​ The interior is the best you can ever imagine, so don't have doubts​ because this apartment is cheap compare to other apartments in its​ category. Please let me know if you're ready to make reservation of​ the apartment and signing the necessary paper....

Please find the attached pictures.

​Regards.​

2015-04-14 22:51 GMT+02:00 Gabalova Anna <[email protected]>:

Hello,

Thanks for your interest and quick response to my email, like i said i am looking for well and responsible person that will take good care of my flat, the reservation process entails, signing the lease contract form and payment of the One month rent and the refundable security deposit in advance.

You can go there to have a look around from outside, that's why i explain to my previous email about the viewing.

Note. the refundable security deposit will be refunded back to you when you want to pay the second month rent.

You will need to get back to me with your full details to get the lease contract prepared for you via email, such like....

Tenant full name:

Tenant full contact address:

Move in date:

Move out date:

All this for the preparation of lease contract papers and reservation deposit of one month rent and security refundable funds.
I only received the payment through bank transfer or Money Gram only.

Regards.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement