Room for Rent and other rental scams
#246488 by seismik Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:24 pm
Just wanted to registered this so it comes up in google if someone get approached by the same person. Its doubtful the person would be stupid enough to use the same email address or phone number but ill post them here just in case.

Basically I registered an ad asking for accommodation in West bridgford nottingham. I had a text response from someone called Sarah Linton (07434 089526, [email protected]) I asked for photos. "she" sent over an email with photos. The price was too good to be true and she couldnt let us around to see the flat because she lived in manchester. She also claimed the twitter handle of northerngal75 is hers. The images she gave I reversed image search and lo and behold they were just grabs from various websites and obviously the flat didnt exist.

Proof > https://www.dropbox.com/s/t68j5yur2ty3h ... 3.jpg?dl=0

Now all the information she/he provided is probably false and I doubt the twitter account is actually hers (but prob her starting point for the fake personna he/she created. She/he also claimed to be a police officer. Either way if you are dealing with this person right now STOP.

(sorry put this in wrong cat, should prob go in rental scams if you can move it)
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved to Rental Scams.
Advertisement