Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#239358 by pantherette Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:38 pm
This is the email I received this morning. I am on a lot of job search sites at the moment. Is this a scam? I'm from NSW, Australia. IP search says it's from Romania but not 100% sure.

[email protected] via s102.ucozmail.com
09:12 (22 minutes ago)

to me
Hello,

Form name: Job Alert
========================================

Message text:
-----------------
Citizenship or Work permit: AU
Required Education: High School/College
Employment Type: Partial and full-time
Pay rate: 6,500 AUD/month
Bonus: Yes
Trial time: One month (paid)

We have found out your Information on job board site and we think you will be the best applicant for us. Our advertising Company carries out the orders for international company's agents, local business and government organizations. World-wide Group, located in the USA, is currently looking for new individuals for work at home positions in Australia.We offer you schedules full-time and part-time available.

These openings focus on providing managerial guidance in online auction sales. ACA Online offers the best auction solutions, focusing on market development as well as database administration. Your main duties will include but are not limited to: maintaining records of business transactions; preparing and sending out different documentation; performing basic bookkeeping and other clerical duties.

If you want to get more, please reply us back!
Thank you for your attention.
-----------------

IP: 93.113.85.218
Date: 02.27.2015, 0:50 AM
========================================

Best regards.
Advertisement

#239524 by Keaton_90 Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:40 pm
Hey pantherette,

I received this email too. I'm curious, what jobs did you apply for? And with which agencies? I've got a list of the jobs I applied for (I only applied for roles with seek) maybe we could cross-reference? All the ads I applied for seemed legit, with verifiable offices.
#239526 by Bryon Williams Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:57 pm
^^^ There is a great chance that the OP will not return.

If you have questions please ask.

I will say that if you do meet your employer face to face consider it a scam.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#239763 by pantherette Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:38 pm
Keaton_90 wrote:Hey pantherette,

I received this email too. I'm curious, what jobs did you apply for? And with which agencies? I've got a list of the jobs I applied for (I only applied for roles with seek) maybe we could cross-reference? All the ads I applied for seemed legit, with verifiable offices.

I have applied for a few jobs with agencies, but I am mostly applying for jobs direct. If there is a company name mentioned, I go to their website and check it out if it's legit plus their careers section, to see if the job is listed there also. The agencies that I have sent my resume to in the last month are: Removed endorsement (BW) The rest have been direct. I also have resume listed with Seek, CareerOne, MyCareer etc.