Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#184752 by roochi Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:09 pm
Hello,

I've fall into a scam! :(
I've moved to Germany recently and i'm looking for a job, I've send my resume to a job offer of a personal assistant and then I got an e-mail saying:

"Hello

I think you're the right person for this post,Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules. It's a part-time, work from home basis and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. So it's a little difficult judging the exact number of hours you'll be doing per week.
If you can manage your time properly, this job may even give you some extra while you do something else on the side. As I have said, I'd want us to get a hear start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with.

I hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine. I really need to find the perfect person for this job and i am confident you can take up the challenges. On the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between us.

I'm online most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer we contact each other through E-mails but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working. I have been checking my files and what i would want you to do for me is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home which I do every month. The funds will be in form of check it will be sent over to you from one of my clients and i have some list to email you once you received the funds. You will make some arrangements by buying some stuff for the kids in the nearest store around you so you can mail them out. I will get you more information on that. I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point as I am presently in United State for a summit. I will be back in Two Weeks time.

PLEASE FILL THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW:
First Name :
Middle Name:
Last Name:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Cell Phone Number:
Home Phone Number:
Email Address:

Once I have received your application form, I will get back to you with the task for the week ahead. Please understand that you will also be paid 400 Euro a week plus compensation fee for hard work) as well as its important for me to make the necessary steps before i get back from my business trip. I hope i am clear with that?

POSITION/AVAILABILITY:

Position Applied For_________________

How often do you check your email:______________

Specify the hours that you will be available if my schedule doesn't work with the hours i requested

Days/Hours You will be available:
Monday____
Tuesday____
Wednesday____
Thursday____
Friday____
Saturday____
Sunday____

Hours Available: from_______ to______

What date are you available to start work?________________

Thanks,
Feaster.
+13472929909."

It sounds weird but I send her my details anyways, I knew it was weird and I didn't think anything will happen, after a week she got back to me and said she sent a check to me for 3300 euros and to e-mail her when I get it. When I got the check I've e-mailed her and she asked me to put the check in my bank account and then take 2900 and send it to some other name - she said it's an Electric products company via WESTERN UNION, and then when my RED LIGHTS came up, now I've e-mailed her back saying i don't want to do that and I don't want to get involved in something illegal, she replayed the next 2 mails:

"Their nothing like illegal in this job...all is legitimate...you are transfer the money to proceed on with the representative of electronic firm that am buying stuff from them and ship them down."

"proceed now and deposit the check into your account and the money we remit in your account in two to three working days with fast clearanc. And get back to me with further instruction...Hope to read from you asap."

The English isn't really good in those two e-mails and on the others e-mails as well,

Of course I WON'T do it after I read everything online about those kinds of scams but i'm scared that she can use my information somehow and she knows where I live.... what can I do?!?

Thanks
R
Advertisement

#184758 by Michael Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:21 pm
Hi roochi, welcome to scamwarners.I am glad you recognised the scam before cashing the fake check - you would have been in trouble if you had. The best thing to do for you is to tear up the fake check and throw it away, and to stop all communication with the scammers.

You don't have to worry about them having your address. They're operating from a different country (in this case, somewhere in West Africa, probably Nigeria) and have nothing to gain to come to you. They might attempt to threaten you for some money, but just ignore it. There's nothing they will do. They prefer to spend time luring victims in their trap over taking revenge on the people that realised it was a scam.

The only thing I'd like you to do is to post everything you received from the scammer (if you haven't done so already) so we can prevent others from falling to the same scam.

I hope this eases your mind a bit. You have nothing to worry about :)

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#184775 by roochi Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:23 pm
Hey!

Michael thank you for your reply!
Yeah it did ease my mind a little bit, the name is Jennifer Feaster - [email protected]
I got this e-mail also:
"Hello ,

Thank for your email and your honest... Thank to let me know you got the check, proceed now and deposit the check into your account and the money we remit in your account in two to three working days with fast clearance.

Your 1st Assignment Estimation :

Deduct your 1st Job salary ------------ 400 Euro

Deduct fast clearance bank charges with western Union charges from balance ------

And Send the rest balance to electronic firm ASAP ---

Please make sure you get the balance money sent to my electronic company soon as possible ,so i can instruct my clients to get the next assignment to you.Make sure the Western Union transfer is successfully done to complete your 1st Assignment.

Below is the info you need to send the rest balance to electronic firm :

Receiver's Name ---JOHN FOLY
Address: 738 cast ave
City: Hyattsville
Zip Code: 20785
State: MD

Send Money to be available in Minutes {In Dollars} .
Make sure you send the below details once your return from Western Union :
Sender's Name :
Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) 10 digits Number:
Total Amount Sent :
Western Union charges :
Date and time of transaction :

You are to E-mail me the transfer details as soon as the money transfer has been completed to my electronic firm Or you can scan the receipts to me for better understanding so my electronic firm can confirm the money for the payment of the electronics I am buying from them and ship them down . I will need the MTCN Control Number, as well as the total amount the electronic company will receive after the transfer fees is deducted from the money. As soon as the representatives confirm the money, they will ship the Electronics to you immediately. I will pick them up from you when i return to the Germany by this month. I want to meet up with you and talk about this job in person and how to make it a long term. How do you feel about meeting? What is the closest coffee shop to you? Go ahead and get this done. Email me the details of the money transfer as soon as it is completed. I will be on the look out for your email to confirm that the money has been transfer to the company representatives.

Note:- As soon as you complete the first Task/Assignment, then we'll go ahead with the next task assignment by giving you the items list which you will need to shop for them at any nearest shopping mall in your area. GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS YOU GET THIS DONE .........

Best regards
Feaster."

I never thought people can be so mean - i'm just too naive!!!

Thanks again and hope i'll help someone!
R
#184779 by Michael Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:32 pm
roochi wrote:I never thought people can be so mean - i'm just too naive!!!

Be careful on the internet.. especially when money is involved. There are a LOT of scammers out there.

Thanks again and hope i'll help someone!

You'll help more people than you can imagine :)

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#239475 by Alex_Paremsky Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:48 am
I have recently been scammed into this too! I need help on what to do because i've already deposited the check he sent me for $1942 dollars. I sent him my address and phone number, i also send him an image of the deposit slip, can he fuck me over if he could at the moment? I told him that i will wait until the check has fully processed and he said ok, but idk if im safe here.
#239488 by Dotti Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:36 pm
You need to contact the fraud department of your bank sooner rather than later. Right now, your bigger risk is that the bank will take action against you and your account for the fraudulent deposit.

Explain what has happened and print out the emails related to the scam. Explain that you now know that the check is fraudulent, and work with them to protect your account.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#283593 by undraa Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:52 am
Hello i am fallen to the exact same scam with different name already.I cashed out that fraudulent check, total 920 dollars and send 700 to Andrea Bennett by moneygram. I dopesited three checks. one is cashed out. Now My husband's account is suspended. I have to call bank in the morning when they open. Just found out today morning. I am second english speaker probably that's why i didnt realize that his english had poor grammar.
i gave him my ID by picture. He said that he is making a contract. what do i do?
i gave him my husband name for check. His name was Sullivan Woodall.
#283622 by vonpaso xlura Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:51 pm
Sorry to hear that. Did the scammer use a different email address as well? Please post the email with headers. Omit any info that could identify your or your husband.

When you go to the bank, take a printout of all emails between you or your husband and the scammers, with complete headers.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#283628 by HillBilly Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:02 pm
undraa wrote:Hello i am fallen to the exact same scam with different name already.
i gave him my ID by picture. He said that he is making a contract. what do i do?
i gave him my husband name for check. His name was Sullivan Woodall.

Sorry to hear you were scammed. What you do next depends on where you live, how the check(s) got to you, and your local police.

First take the emails to the bank's fraud department to show them you are a victim, that may keep them from having you prosecuted for theft.

If you live in the USA, and the checks were delivered by the US Postal Service then you should contact your local USPI's office : find them here https://ribbs.usps.gov/locators/find-is.cfm

Also you should contact the IC3 here : https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Chances are good your scammer is not sophisticated enough to steal your ID, they only wanted your money. They can now impersonate you, though.

You should create some "Google alerts" for all of the personal information given to these scammers. Go to www.google.com/alerts and set up one each for “complete address" , ”bldg # street name" "Drivers license #" "SSN" "FirstName LastName" and "LastName FirstName", “email address”, and what ever other data you have given. be sure to use only one alert per quotation query.

use the quotes " " as above for each one of the alerts they set up with Google. It is not likely the ID will be compromised, but I think its better to err on the side of safe, rather than sorry in this case. If the alerts ever show results, address them at that time.

If it is a passport # then contact homeland security (USA) ( Department of State) and report it compromised to be issued a new passport #. If a different country then contact the issuing authority of that country, and be sure to report it as compromised so you can be issued a new PP #. If they do try anything stupid, you do not want it coming back to haunt you in any way.

You should try to report the scam to your local police, if you are in the USA then also the IC3, and if you are in the UK then actionFraud.