Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#239725 by plumbgod Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:01 am
I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2012 BMW 320d M Sport Coupe.
I want to confirm that it is still for sale. The car is HPI clear and it is in excellent condition ( interior, exterior and mechanical),FSH with main dealer.It has done 39,100 miles so far.
I am a non-smoker so it has never been smoked in and it had no accidents. I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.
I live in Akureyri, Iceland. I used to work for 3 years in the UK as an engineer. Now that my contract over there expired i moved back to Iceland. I wanted to keep the car so i took it with me.
I realized that registering it here is quite expensive and also is very difficult to drive a right hand car in a country where all cars are left hand drive. I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price. The price i am looking to get for it is 4250 Pounds, shipping fees included.

Due to the fact that my job takes almost all of my time and i don`t spend to much time at home, i asked an international company to take care of the sale and act as a third party for this transaction. Or you can come here and buy it. Akureyri (where i am) is at 400km from Reykjavik airport.

Please tell me if you wish to proceed and how.

Kind Regards,

Michael Joslin
Oil Platform Engineer
Akureyri, Iceland
Advertisement

#239726 by plumbgod Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:04 am
I'd like to inform you that i bought this car from UK and it is still registered there so you don't have to pay any import taxes or any other fees.The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, No finance. You will get from me the keys, V5 document, manuals and all documents to register the car in your name.You don't have to worry about anything.
If you want to check the car on Autocheck or on hpi, the registration number is LC61 SDV and VIN no is WBAKK32090E651466 .
If you want to use a third party service, I would like to use the services offered by Apple - Apple Pay.
Here’s how it works:
You will send the payment to them and they hold the funds until you receive the car to your house and until you express that you are satisfied with it (you'll have 15 days to test it beforehand). Therefore, both I as a seller and you as a buyer will be covered. You'll have a test period of 15 days from the time you receive the car (I will send it to your address, insured for its entire value).
If you decide to keep it, you will authorize Apple Pay to send the payment to me and then the transaction is considered to be complete. If the car is not as I mentioned (in perfect condition) you can send it back and request a refund from Apple Pay.
Please visit the following link for more details about this service:

http://apple-uk-pay.co.uk

If you wish to purchase it and agree to these terms i will need you to provide your full name and address. I will then notify Apple Pay and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

I will be waiting for your reply as soon as possible

Thank you in advance!

Michael Joslin
Oil Platform Engineer
Akureyri, Iceland
#239728 by HillBilly Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:44 am
It is a scam. apple-uk-pay.co.uk does NOT belong to Apple. It is a scam website.

Domain name:
apple-uk-pay.co.uk

Registrant:
Colin thompson

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
72 Blackwatch Road
COVENTRY
CV6 3GW
United Kingdom

Data validation:
Registrant contact details validated by Nominet on 04-Feb-2015

Registrar:
Heart Internet Ltd t/a Heart Internet [Tag = HEARTINTERNET]
URL: http://www.heartinternet.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 04-Feb-2015
Expiry date: 04-Feb-2017
Last updated: 04-Feb-2015

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns.heartinternet.uk
ns2.heartinternet.uk 79.170.43.3

WHOIS lookup made at 15:43:03 01-Mar-2015

#241960 by Sunflower16 Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:44 am
Hi

I did a search after seeing an advert for an incredibly cheap Audi A3, and found this article. As this is following exactly the same format as the one posted by Plumbgod, I though it was worth sharing. It is obviously the same person, just a change of name...

Hi,

I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my 2013 Audi A3 2.0TDI S Line.
I want to confirm that it is still for sale. The car is HPI clear and it is in excellent condition ( interior, exterior and mechanical),FSH with main dealer.It has done 29,000 miles so far.
I am a non-smoker so it has never been smoked in and it had no accidents. I bought this car from UK and It still has UK registration, so you won't have to pay any import and insurance fees.The car meets all United Kingdom guidelines so there will be no problem regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.
I live in Akureyri, Iceland. I used to work for 3 years in the UK as an engineer. Now that my contract over there expired i moved back to Iceland. I wanted to keep the car so i took it with me.
I realized that registering it here is quite expensive and also is very difficult to drive a right hand car in a country where all cars are left hand drive. I decided to sell it to someone back in the UK for a really attractive price. The price i am looking to get for it is 5000 Pounds, shipping fees included.

Due to the fact that my job takes almost all of my time and i don`t spend to much time at home, i asked an international company to take care of the sale and act as a third party for this transaction. Or you can come here and buy it. Akureyri (where i am) is at 400km from Reykjavik airport.

Please tell me if you wish to proceed and how.

Kind Regards,

Mr. James Osborne
Oil Platform Engineer
Akureyri, Iceland

He also suggested using Apple Pay to complete the transaction, and when I requested a photograph of the log book, he said that providing this would leave him open to potential scamming/car cloning!!!

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID :)

Think I might report him to Apple as well as the Police...

Sunflower16
#241963 by Bryon Williams Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:12 am
Always view the item to be purchased in person.

Follow your heart. Is the deal to good to be true? Scammers target victims trying to get an item at a cheap price.

Scammers work on emotions, cheap deals, quick transactions and not allowing you to research the information you need.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/