Information on romance scams and scammers.
#176239 by pkjp Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:04 pm
This scammer also uses the gmail address [email protected] to contact victims. He calls himself Sgt Johnson Uber. He trolls gay dating sites, for example, MISTER for victims.

Here is some of what he said in emails to me:

Hello [my name],

Thanks for your email. I'm really glad to read from you, am 36 live in New York, presently in Afghanistan. Have been in the US army about 6years now..
I'm one of the squad of infantry soldiers dedicated to protecting our great nation.. We are sent to shithole countries like Iraq and Afghanistan to disrupt or destroy an enemy that has extreme hatred for us simply because we represent the American flag. We might not all believe in the reasons that we are here in the Middle East but I guarantee that those soldiers will fight, if necessary, just for their fellow soldiers. That is why I love my job! We are true Americans, not the greedy and selfish Americans we are mistaken for on a daily basis in the Middle East. I love my country and see no better way to serve it than how I currently am.

I'm a very decent guy, good looking people say, but I always tell people to wait and get to know me deeply and you will see that my heart is more beautiful, Am an easy going person and a level headed guy, not into games nor hookups as they say. Am a very shy type, i love nature so much. i lost my ex 2 years ago, he died to cancer of the lungs, so i mourn him for so long as a respect. now i feel its time to carry on with my life, my friend often say to me that i should stop living in the past and focus on the future, and what i want for the future is someone who is ready to love and be loved. who i can love and show that i care for, someone i will love in and out of bed, and someone who will understand me, through the sun and the rain. and that's why am here sitting on the computer writing to you. you sound so honest and you seems like that kind of man i have been longing for, i don't want to hang around the site, going from one man to another, i just want someone who will take me to the dream land and take away the growing pains of loneliness.
I have some questions for you,
Are you single?
What are you seeking for?
What do you like in a guy?
What do you for sex?

Hope to hear from you soon....

Sgt Johnson Uber...

HE ALSO WROTE THIS TO ME IN AN EMAIL:

Hello [my name],

Thanks for your email, its nice to read that we are along the same line. Like many I find it hard to talk about myself. You want to say enough to make it interesting without sounding like a braggart. But you also don't want to make it boring either. It's a hard thing to do but I'll try my best.

To answer your questions..

What will you do after your discharge? I used to work in a hotel front desk before i joined the army and am willing to go back to my hotel job as a manager when i finally get discharged from the service.

What do you like to do for leisure or relaxing? I like camping, concerts, reading, museums, movies, walking around my hometown as a tourist and enjoying it. Travel, eating good food, wine, music,theatre and trying to live my life to its fullest.

How did you have such a good relationship with your ex while you were in the Army? It was grate.. We lived together and we happily in love.

How often did you get together with him? I visit my ex once in 3 months on leave and we are both happy and comfortable..

I do enjoy going for walks whether it's around the neighborhood, at the park, hiking in the woods or on long lonely country lanes ( do a lot of thinking there). And to see the sun rising over the water or seeing it after the days travel settling into it as into a bed can be a wonder to behold. I also like to walk in the rain where the raindrops come to softly caress your cheeks, but, if I would rather stay indoors and do have to go into it, it can loose it's magic fairly quickly. Or walking on a street after a winter's storm is over and your the only one there in the stillness of the night.
Finding everything covered in a mantle of white. If you're lucky there might still be big snowflakes coming down to greet you and keep you company while you enjoy that winter's wonderland where tree branches laden with snow make for a fairies playground and even cars buried in snow become a work of art.
Have you ever walked on an ocean beach with gray skies, a strong wind blowing and where the waves come crashing on the sandy shore to rush up and kiss your feet? It's just fantastic. I also like to sit by a window and see the show in a lightning storm or watch rain beating against the window to be let in. they are all natural, but imagine doing all this with a partner will be great.

I like going to the movies and also to the park to listen to an open-air concert. To stop and listen to street artist playing. They put all their hearts and souls into what they love and in that fact make their music comparable to a symphony. I don’t like the bar scene.

I like to spend some time at home. A nice ride in the country... just spending the day there bringing and having a picnic is great.sitting beside the campfire till the wee hours of the morning feeling good about the world.
I like to see new places, try new things, taste new foods. if I have to choose between a crowded environment I would prefer the quietness of home.
Nice to snuggle up on a cold winter's day with a good book listening to music on the radio or just to watch tv. Even better to snuggle with someone and do those things together.

I believe in treating others with respect. Family and friends get an extra dose of it.. with added benefit of unwavering love. I don't always agree with what they may say or do and there may be some arguments here and there but I will stand by them as I would like them to stand by me in my time of need, actually at all times. And yes we show affection to the ones we love whether it's in the little things where I think it shows more, up to the big things. Let me explain.. the big things show you care but the little things show you deeply care and want to make ALL aspects of someone's life more enjoyable. It's nice to walk up to some you love and give them a hug for no apparent reason other than to show them that you love them and are glad that they're in your life. To give me a handpicked flower from the yard even if it's a dandelion or a forget-me-not. Or to leave a note on the table or pillow with the three hardest words to hear... the real and not the superficial "I Love You.

I don't care if you're tall or not so tall, slim or of a bigger built. Of course there needs to be an attraction for something deeper than friendship to exist. And when I'm speaking deeper than friendship I mean one on one love between two people. You love your family and friends with all your heart and might but when it comes to a relationship it goes to the very core of your being. I guess the old people were right when they worded it by saying you become one with each other. It's a love that can't be explained but needs to be felt in order to be known. By-the-way I don't believe that a relationship is a 50/50 thing but a 100/100 situation. I don't want only 50% of you I want 100% of your commitment. You will get all of mine in return. I also believe that a relation is a living thing (I use the word "thing" for lack of a better one).
A relationship lives, grows, deepens and sometimes unfortunately can die... so as I said it is living. It needs attention, nurturing to help it to grow.
It also needs two people working together to take care of it and not to neglect it.

I am shy at the beginning but as I get to know someone, trust them, I open up to them and people seem to like me. I'm not pretentious at all. I don't believe that I'm better than anyone else. But on that same note, I don't believe that anybody is better than me. We are all equal... well, we should all be. I don't care if you live in a twelve room mansion up on a hill or in a one room basement apartment somewhere. If you have all that money does it make you better than the man who has none but has a heart that is true? You may have much and love that plenty. You may have little and lust after the plenty... but in either case if you don't have the love to give to someone you are both very poor and destitute. It's what I think anyways.

The man that I aspire to find should be courteous, affectionate and respectful. He will like home life but also enjoy life as a whole. Going out is a treat to be enjoyed and savoured. Home is where you find the man you love. When there's a disagreement and there will be because we are individuals we will talk about it but never go to bed angry. Our bedroom is the place where we nurture each other.

I've written more than I had first planned, sorry.

I would like to finish with a quote that I heard and liked....Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something. They're trying to find someone who's going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take...

Take care and hope to hear from you..

Johnson

EVENTUALLY THIS SCAMMER WILL ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING FOR HIM SO THAT HE CAN TRAVEL TO YOU. HE ASKED ME TO WRITE TO HIS COMMANDER AND REQUEST A 4-WEEK LEAVE FOR HIM. HE GAVE ME THE EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
Advertisement

#181102 by Annonim Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:59 am
Hello everyone.
I just found this website on google writing the email i have from him, witch claims to be a soldier. First of all i will have to say to excuse my english because its not the main language i use. Is too bad this kind of things happen .. actually pretty often as far as i can see. Also, i'm kinda sad to find myself in this situation.. after reading everything here, that looks like in a mirror.
I will try to resume everything in few words because anyway the story seems xeroxed. So, lately i have been talking online with the one who calls himself Sgt. Tom Grant, from Los Angeles, CA and right now in Afghanistan for 13 months. He first contacted me from tagged, his profile is http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5976712660 . After a while we moved on yahoo messenger ([email protected] his email/id) and we continue talking, share pics and stuff. He claimed he was falling in love and so, he wanted to visit me and meet. I said ok, so, in order to do this, he asked me to send an email to his boss because he doesnt have the permission to leave Afghanistan otherwise, and also ..well in case of a positive answer, he will have to change his military passport in a civil one because its more safe like this, because of all the terrorists there. Its making me laugh now.. because when i look back, and see how everything connects, i cant believe i trusted everything untill a point. So, anyway, i did sent an email written by himself, i did copy/paste it in my email and sent to [email protected]. I've got this reply:

[email protected] wrote:Good day,

I'm Emmeth Crawford commandant of 5 legions of troops on deployment in Afghanistan.
Prior to the email you sent, Sgt Tom Grant has been a hard working soldier and you're lucky to have a promising man like that in your life.
After considerations, I've come to an agreement and decided it's okay for him to take a break. We usually grant them breaks for free but due to some difficulties we encounter here, we urge them to process their papers to make it suitable for civil travel so as to be on a safe side.
Attached to this email is a form for you to fill and send back as soon as you can for reference purpose.
Your spouse/ family will have his documents processed and we urge you to come up with the fee to do this since they aren't allowed access to money once they're on deployment.
Once you fill the form sent to you and return it, the amount that is needed for the processing will be emailed to you.
You should be informed that any money you pay now will be reimbursed in due time through your spouse/family.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Yours,
Lt.Gen. Emmeth Crawford

So, i think you got pretty well the idea. As i did.. after this email. The fact that his "commander" asked for money too, got me curious why.. because is no way any kind of boss ..to be interested for real about the employee personal stuff like money, and how could they manage to get their things done. So, after i told him about the positive reply to my email, he asked how could "we" manage to pay the 520$ to change passport, if i can help him with that. I said no, i cant because even if i have a good function to the company i work for, there are many to handle this period, holidays are comming and also the fact that our currency is lower then US. Was too weird for me. I'm 31 years old but i have seen alot and im glad i was able to think deeper than it shows. So, i tried to tell him to find solutions , ask his friends back home or so, and he continue asking me if
i do this, and how much money i can come up with, and finally i told him to relax because this is way to weird for me and i dont even want to. So he went like quiet since then and thats all.

So, if you need that form he sent in the email or more pics than he has on that profile (because he sent me on yahoo few others pics), or conversations, or other details, please reply to this post. I didnt gave my real name because lots of people knows me and i'm kinda ashaimed for everything but if you need ANYTHING to know, you can prv msg me so i will answer to everything.
Maybe also add the pics, (every pic) to the upper post . I dont want any women to be lied this .

I'm glad i did find this site and i'm truelly sorry for every women that got into "their" hands this way.

Best wishes!

Mod edit: Quotes added - CW
#181822 by Tomokata Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 pm
SailorB wrote:I think this is a new one on the Sgt David Rios scam I received this it also cam with a official looking document I unfortunately was a previuos victim of David Rios scam:

ATTENTION:

The US Military Transit Department is now returning everyone's
money back to there respective owner been paid for the soldier man during
there transit..
Please respond to email fast in order to claim your money back spent
during Sgt David Rios Transit.
God Bless America.
Regards,

General George Casey.
Multi-National Corps
Public Affairs Office, Camp Victory
APO AE 09342

Everything about this is wrong. It made me giggle despite myself.

I used to work in a US Army PAC office, and my husband was in the service for a long time.

As others have stated, "leave" is not paid for. Military leave is just a fancy phrase for vacation. You don't pay for your vacation days.

"Soldier man"??? :lol:

Also...General George Casey was the Chief of Staff for the United States Army. He would NOT be approving leave or writing anything about leave for ANY member of the military.

Points to remember (that have already been covered by others):

ONLY the member of the Armed Forces can request leave.

The Armed Forces never, ever request payment for leave, or pay for leave.

In some circumstances, the Red Cross will disburse payments for emergency leave, but those payments go directly to the recipients (airline, bus company, etc.) They never ask for reimbursement.

In cases of emergency leave, generally only correspondence directly with the hospital/doctor or an actual immediate family member (spouse, child, mother, father, sister, brother) or an in loco parentis (like a grandmother who raised you due to the absence of a mother or father) will be accepted. No friends, no fiancees. You could have been engaged for three years, the military won't care.

And again, there is NO MONEY exchanged between the Armed Forces and the soldier for leave, including emergency leave.

If they say they need to pay for leave, you need to request it, or need your help getting compensated after they paid for leave, They Are Lying.
#181828 by vonpaso xlura Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:22 pm
The US Military Transit Department is now returning everyone's
money back to there respective owner been paid for the soldier man during
there transit..

Where respective owner, and where transit? No general writes like that.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#182116 by Milliehot Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:57 am
Greetings …. THROUGH writing this forum, because there were two people who tried to cheat me. These two persons known by the social network Badoo,

the first person is Johnny Collins, known as [email protected] , American Military Michigan, 41 with 15 years of service working as a soldier on a mission of peace Africa this he asked me to send $ 500.00 to cover personal expenses because your account was frozen by being in that country.

The second person is Jack Hall, known as [email protected]  and [email protected] , 41 years of Atlanta Georga American, and based in Kabul Afghanistan from 2010 to the present on a secret mission of U.S. Army, this I sent a letter for me I solucitara his R & R and the resends its commander, then received a form Vocational Leave Form to be filled and sent along with a $ 675.00 THROUGH Western Union in Nigeria within 48 hours.

I realized it was all a false and sought information about romance scammed THROUGH page of google and this was where I confirmed fraud. I had to block my email accounts, facebook for these two people do not have access to my. Never send money thank God. Conclusion John collins and Jack Hall are the same people! Request permission to publish photos of military person is using it ..
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... ts&fref=ts
http://www.spokeo.com/email-search/sear ... @yahoo.com
http://www.spokeo.com/email-search/sear ... @yahoo.com
:evil:
#182321 by hurtornot Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:59 am
Read my post about Scott Chapman:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=78498

Believe me, if he had asked any money, I would not have sent him anything. I've been reading other scammer sites too much to be wiser than that. I pressured him on purpose about the permit, because I already knew that is was a pile of poo.

Also, the early "darling" and "I feel a connection with you" etc. made me think about this a lot and I pasted some random military info on Skype about the base he was supposed to be and it's moving to another base - he didn't know anything about this either.

I reported him on Badoo and his account was fast deleted.

Birthday: Sunday, 7 December 1975