Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#240377 by teresasnyman Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:32 am
My daughter received an email where she could apply for a job on a very popular cruise liner. She send all the information asked for. Not to long after that she received a job offer for a SAFETY OFFICER on board. Salary was $4500 US Dollars. She reminded them that she just finished school, is 18 years of age and have no experience as a safety officer. They came back within the hour with a new contract for a POOL ATTENDANT for the very same salary, working hours and benefits.
Then she was asked to send $375 US dollars to a private person in Guinea to obtain a MSIC. Stating that there is a new law in my country to money gram monies to a company and that she must state that the purpose of the money is a GIFT of FAMILY.
To me this smells like a scam!
Advertisement

#240378 by AlanJones Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:46 am
It is definiely a scam - companies fo not randomly write to people asking them to apply for jobs and do not then change the job when someone points out they aren't qualified. A legitimate employer would also nover ask for money to be sent anywhere by Western Union, Moneygram, RIA or using top up cards.

Please can you post the email address that the scammer is using and the initial emails that they sent.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#240531 by Father Moleman Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:55 pm
The reason they kept coming with more job offers was because the scammer was sure that you were hooked and that he was going to get that fee from you. Then there would have been more fees to pay and then eventually he'd go quiet on you. Thank goodness you saw past the scam.