Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#240410 by DannyOrange21 Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:41 pm
I wanted to order a couple electronic components from a wholesaler, but I asked that they send me the items first then after I verify that they are not counterfeit I will then proceed to give them the payment. Obviously they didn't agree with my terms (Which is understandable). So they instead purposed this plan ["You make the payment of 2 units via Money Gram. You keep the reference number. Once you get your items in less than 48 Hours You can verify it and once it is up to satisfaction you send us the Reference number (8Digit)."] Is this fullproof? Or are they able to cash the money gram without the reference number. If I discover that the items are indeed a counterfeit would I be able to get my money back from moneygram since they don't have the reference number?

Sorry if this is a noob question, it's just I hear a lot of stories of people being scammed. I'm just being precocious.
Advertisement

#240415 by Bryon Williams Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:33 pm
In some Countries you do not need the reference number or MTCN. All you need is ID or a corrupt Moneygram agent.

If the seller can not take a Credit Card consider it a scam. Check with your CC provider and make sure you have protection for out of country purchases.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#240418 by DannyOrange21 Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:51 pm
I'm confused, do you mean some countries don't need a reference number? I chatted with the wholesaler, there is nothing overly suspicious about him. It's a Vietnam wholesaler, can they cash moneygrams without reference numbers. It would be a $300 transaction, would an agent really risk there license for such a small amount?
#240420 by Bryon Williams Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:09 pm
Yes, in some Countries all you need is the senders name, receivers name and amount.

Yes, Some agents will risk their job.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#240430 by vonpaso xlura Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:16 pm
No legitimate seller asks for payment by Western Union or MoneyGram. I once did buy something from an individual overseas using WU, but only because the post office did not have international money orders for that country.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10