Room for Rent and other rental scams
#243450 by Mariandi Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:55 pm
This was the first Email:

Good to read from you.I am the owner of the property you are making inquiry..Actually i resided in the property with my wife and my only son before.But presently we had packed due to my transfer from my working place and now situated in ( England).That is why the property becomes available.

rent for 1 room (20sqm) is 330 euro with deposit of 500 euro

Rent for apartment (78sqm) is 660 euro with deposit of 1000 euro

All bills are included in the rent

I want you to note that I am a very busy man.I take my job seriously so i dont have the luxury of traveling around.The keys I have here with me.I hate leaving my keys.So i have attached enough pictures with this email so it should be enough for you to make up your decision if you would be taking it or not.As I wont be available for viewing the apartment

I have I spent a lot on my property so I will want the tenant to take absolute maintenance of my property.I also want you to use it like your own, money is not the most important thing but i want it to be kept tidy all the time so that I will be glad to see it neat whenever I come for a check up.

So if you are really interested,do get back to me with the following information about you.

NAME
PROFESSION
PHONE
PRESENT ADDRESS
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN
DO YOU HAVE A PET
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR RENT
REASON FOR MOVING OUT
DO YOU SMOKE
DO YOU DRINK

Looking forward to hear from you with all this answer so that i can decide if I would rent to you or not.I hope giving you the property base on trust wouldn't bring regret to me.

Hope its okay

I sent my data and now he sent me an contract, which looks quiet professional. I wrote him about my concerns and he replied, that he could understand and we can make a safe money transfer per bank.
Also i am curious, that he gave me two adresses, one in England and one in Ibiza (because he lived there a year ago).

So what do you think? i do not know....

nice regards
Mariandi
Advertisement

#243452 by vonpaso xlura Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:08 pm
This is a scam. The scammer, who is West African, will tell you to send money for the keys. The keys will never come. Please post the email address he sent it from.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#244044 by Mariandi Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 am
You were right! Thanks to you and facebook i was able to find out!
The adress he used was: [email protected]
The Facebookprofile name: Conto Guilia
he used the Name: Simon Rommel and Limo Ommel

He used following adresses:
73 Little St James's Street St.James's
London SW1A
number is 079331899713

and

Carlos Román Ferrer, 15
07800 Ibiza Town Spain
Holder of ID Number: 620316505

He seems professional, with fotos, adresses, contract and always replies very quick.