Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#249499 by spark15 Tue May 05, 2015 6:48 pm
Last week, I applied to a receptionist position that was listed on craigslist. I got an e-mail back saying this:

"Dear Applicant,

Your resume was received and reviewed by the Global Design Farm,You have been shortlisted and offered a job with our company as a personal assistant to the our CEO.

About the company:

Global Design Farm (GDF) is a Designing Company based on online which supports and works globally. Creative Logo Design, Web Design & Development, Business Card & Brochure, Accounting Software Design & Development, Banner Placement and Design, Magazine and Book Cover Design, also varieties of Designs and Software Development products.

The following would be your task:

• Dealing with our Clients.

• Supporting the clients technically.

• Sending the clients our design samples.

• Letting them know about the prices of different designs..

• With that understanding, you are required to support both employees and clients the best way possible.

OUR CEO

Mr Morgan Miller he most often stays busy working since he is our main software developer. According to his work experience and looking at his job he always feels comfortable being alone while working and stay focused so that there are no interruptions happen on his work. He is very productive and creative which are some of his good qualities which are required in this job.

He is looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding. This position is a part time position for now and flexible and it will be full time upon further success of GDF. He will be needing your services throughout the day multiple times which actually depends on the number of clients which should be about 10-12 hours weekly with salary of $400 to $500 per week. We will set up a formal interview as soon as possible.

If you are interested in working with us Please reply to [email protected] or [email protected] including the information below: Our CEO will call you as soon as possible!

Full Name : xxxxxx xxxxxxx

Available Contact Number : xxx-xxx-xxxx

Best regards,

admin of Global Design Farm

[email protected]

[email protected]

http://www.globaldesignfarm.com"

A day later, I received a phone call, from a man called "Morgan Miller," who is supposedly the CEO of this company. He asked me a few interview questions, regarding how I would handle clients when they contact me. He briefed me that his company used to have a few offices, but now it is strictly online - it would get the office once it's more successful. At the time this all seemed reasonable to me. He then told me that I was hired. Then, he told me a story of how one of his employees' computer was hacked because he used personal social media while doing work, and that he would like to send me a check so that I can purchase a company computer strictly for work. I said that was fine, and he told me that after the phone call, he would send me an e-mail with company domain, and some additional information.

At the time, everything seemed reasonable, until I looked up personal assistant job scams online, and read a similar e-mails to mine that ended up being a scam. I am extremely skeptical as of now, but the company does seem to have a legitimate website (http://www.globaldesignfarm.com), and the phone number that called me matches that of the "CEO" on the website. This guy called me again an hour ago, but I didn't answer, because I'm not sure if it's a scam or not. He e-mailed me again yesterday:

"Hope you are doing well. Lately I have been really busy with a whole lot of work in my hands and still I am busy but somehow just found a way to get back to you. I apologies for not giving you a call or now even sending you a mail saying that I am alive and you are still my assistant, anyways I believe and I am trying my best to finish my work by today and tomorrow I will be giving you a call and talking to you if possible.
Have an awesome day

Best regards
Morgan Miller"

It doesn't make sense to me that someone who hired me wouldn't even address me by my name in an e-mail, and the whole online thing seems fishy. But, I'm not 100% sure if this is a job scam or not, and I want to hear other peoples thoughts on this. Please help me out!
Advertisement

#249517 by HillBilly Tue May 05, 2015 11:13 pm
it is a scam. What type is questionable, as he does not get very specific about "your duties". A "South Carolina" HQ address ( Out of a residence), a New Jersey phone # ( VOIP) in the site registration, and a CEO with a Los Angeles phone #, also VOIP..... its a gang of scammers working together to either steal your money, or have you participate in reshipping packages ( Money mule) work.

Domain Name: GLOBALDESIGNFARM.COM
Registrar: PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 303
Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Name Server: NS1.LOVINGDOMAINS.COM
Name Server: NS2.LOVINGDOMAINS.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 27-apr-2015
Creation Date: 26-apr-2015
Expiration Date: 26-apr-2016

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 05 May 2015 22:54:40 GMT <<<
Queried whois.publicdomainregistry.com with "globaldesignfarm.com"...

Domain Name: GLOBALDESIGNFARM.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1923677728_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.publicdomainregistry.com
Registrar URL: www.publicdomainregistry.com
Updated Date: 2015-04-26T20:46:36Z
Creation Date: 2015-04-26T20:46:35Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-04-26T20:46:35Z
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrar IANA ID: 303
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: ishop
Registrant Organization: N/A
Registrant Street: 791 paulison Ave
Registrant City: north jersey
Registrant State/Province: Other
Registrant Postal Code: 07013
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.8625792876
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

(862) 579-2876
Google Voice VoIP in Morristown, NJ

http://www.globaldesignfarm.com/about-us.html
Morgan Miller (CEO)
In my 8 years of career, I have been a happy and stablished Software developer and CEO of Global Design Farm.

email: [email protected]

213-784-1669

(213) 784-1669
Level 3 Mobile in Los Angeles, CA

439 Saint Julian Pl,
North Augusta, SC 29860
4 beds 3 baths 2,134 sqft
Edit home facts for a more accurate Zestimate.
SOLD: $132,000
Sold on 08/15/14

#249519 by Mike Wilson Tue May 05, 2015 11:47 pm
The website is in the process of being reported for fraud.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#249610 by Tim Atem Wed May 06, 2015 7:22 am
As mentioned above, it is a scam and good for you for catching it in time!

The check they send you will be fake. They will ask you to cash the check at your bank and forward the money to their fake vendor for your fake computer. Later the check will be returned to your bank as fake and you will be responsible for all the money.

Cease all contact with the company. If you do receive a check through the mail, you can take the check and your emails to your local Post Office to report it for mail fraud. Do not cash the check.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#249657 by spark15 Wed May 06, 2015 2:53 pm
Thank you guys, this is really helpful. It's frustrating, because I turned down a legit job interview with a big commute because I thought I got this "stay at home work" job. I'll follow your advice if they try to contact me again or send me a check. :=)
#249691 by Tim Atem Wed May 06, 2015 6:16 pm
I'm sorry you passed up a real job for that. In the future, you now know the red flags to avoid other employment scams. Legit employers will not interview you through email or instant messaging and then hire you. Always meet your employer face-to-face. There are legit work-at-home jobs, but even those require face-to-face interviews (from a former work-at-homer).

Good luck with your job search and be sure to come ask if you find one you're not sure of. Better to be safe than sorry for sure!

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#250967 by Aka Wed May 13, 2015 3:29 pm
I have applied for a job in a hotel in uk Towel Pride Hotel. I have received the letter without interview, call or skype they asked me to pay. As from Mauritius Island, could somebody from uk tell me if it a scam, as am far away.
Thanks for help.
#250972 by HillBilly Wed May 13, 2015 4:05 pm
yes, it is a scam. Real employers do not ask for up front fees for jobs, travel, visa's or anything.

Please look at the complete headers of the email you received and post them here, removing your personal information first.

Read this to protect yourself from future scams like this one: http://www.scam-job-emails.tk/