Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#253248 by sophie baker Thu May 28, 2015 6:40 pm
hello
i recently sold a laptop on ebay
which a guy won on ebay he made his account the day my listing ended
i recived an email yesterday which said this

PayPal logo May 26 2015
Transaction ID:C528-L006-Q899-T5350

Dear (me)

You received a payment of £1280.00 GBP from Huston James ([email protected])

Thanks for using PayPal. Please dispatch your eBay item. Postage of the item is required as soon as possible as we need you to provide postage details before we can credit your account with the total amount your Buyer has transferred into your account.
Please read the issues with this transaction below this email to know more about your transaction.

Seller Protection - Eligible

Buyer
husto-jame
Huston James
[email protected] Note to seller
This money is for the item i won from you, please kindly send the item to my cousin's address i gave you, i have also verified the address with both PayPal and eBay, It's my pleasure buying from you. Yours sincerely.
Shipping address - confirmed
TUNDE LAWRENCE
20 Command Street,
Block A
Abesan Ipaja,
Lagos,23401.
Nigeria.

Postage details
Royal Mail Airmail® International Recorded Delivery.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Alienware M17X R4 Dell Intel i7-3610QM, 500GB 7,200rpm SATA 6Gb/s HDD, 14GB RAM
Item Number:261898673134 £1,130.00 GBP
£1,130.00 GBP

Payments by PayPal
Postage and packaging £150.00 GBP
Insurance - not offered ----
Total £1280.00 GBP
Total Payment £1280.00 GBP
This charge will appear on your credit card statement as "PAYPAL
"connerhirst"
Payment sent to: my paypal

Issues with this transaction?
Please note that the total amount transferred from Huston James's PayPal account will not reflect in your PayPal account due to our terms and policy to confirm postage from you before the final transaction can take place.This is due to the new policy at PayPal to protect both Buyers and Sellers against fraudulent activities perpetrating via the internet.We know that this can be frustrating and we appreciate that it impacts your business; this is part of our security process and helps ensure that we continue to be a safe way to buy and sell. We assure you that the payment made by Huston James's is 100% Guaranteed, Safe and Secured with us. The total amount of the item that has been deducted from the buyer's PayPal account which has been withheld by us will not be released until we have received postage details from you.

E-mail the Postage Bar Code or the Postage Receipt given to you at the post office to us directly at ([email protected]). You can also reply this email with the postage details. Do not send any of the postage details to your Buyer until we have credited your account with the total amount your Buyer sent.This is to secure your transaction with your Buyer.
Once we verify the Postage prove we will definitely transfer the funds into your PayPal account. Our devotions for you is to protect both the buyers and the sellers on eBay.

NOTE:As this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, any inquiries and necessary information should be sent by replying to this email as the status of this transaction has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section,so all inquiries should be directed to this e-mail address as it's assigned to monitor your transaction.

Questions? Email us at: [email protected]. You can also reply this email with your postage details or complaint.

Copyright © 1999-2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered Office: 5th Floor 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

which i replied to the guy and said look i would rather do buy it now on ebay than do this outside of ebay rules within 1 hour i got 2 emails off ebay bothsaying this

,,,Get The Item Shipped,,,,,,
Actions
eBay ([email protected]) Add to contacts 27/05/2015
To: me
[email protected]

eBay
eBay sent this message to me
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
Payment Information

Dear me,

Please Read Carefully

Congratulations eBay as confirmed the payment made for your item via eBay to your PayPal account .

This is to inform you that eBay has confirmed the payment of the below item you sold to Huston James (husto-jame)

Item # Item Title Quantity
Price Amount
Alienware M17X R4 Dell Intel i7-3610QM, 500GB 7,200rpm SATA 6Gb/s HDD, 14GB RAM

£1,130.00
Subtotal: £1,130.00 GBP
Shipping Via Royal Mail International : £150.00 GBP
Total: £1280.00 GBP

You are advised to dispatch the item to the buyer's address given to you by PayPal and email the postage details of the item dispatched to PayPal verification center email ([email protected]) for verification so your PayPal account can be fully credited with the total amount the buyer has paid. However, we will also email you with the verification and confirmation of the shipping address the buyer as provided. The buyer is free to exchange feedback with you for future transactions on eBay.

TUNDE LAWRENCE
20 Command Street,
Block A
Abesan Ipaja,
Lagos,23401.
Nigeria

We have also confirmed that the the payment has been deducted from your Buyer's account which has been withheld until you provide postage details, once you provide PayPal with the Postage details of the item sent, your account will be credited. Thank you for being an esteemed member. We wish you all the best buying and selling on eBay.

Note:
As this transaction was done via our e-mail payments service, any inquiries and necessary information should be sent to us by replying to this message, because of the status of this transaction has not been passed on to our customer care phone service section,so all inquiries should be directed to this e-mail address as it is the one assigned to monitor your transaction.
In addition, this buyer has completed the transaction with PayPal, to this effect he has no right to withdraw or claim his money back after the shipment has been taken place.

eBay

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

so i posted the item today via international tracked shipping which cos me nearly £100
and i posted all the tracking info and photo proof of sending to the email provided in an email off paypal

then it got strange just now i recived an email off paypal saying

Dear me,

We have been inform by the buyer about the custom charges needed to be paid in Nigeria which is the sum of £150.00 GBP and He furthermore made an additional payment of £550.00 GBP to the premium sum of £1,280.00 GBP for us to credit the total sum of £1,830.00 GBP into your Paypal account so we kindly inform you to send the sum of £150.00 GBP for the custom charges and the sum of £350.00 GBP for his cousin for his birthday expenses making the sum of £500.00 GBP and the remaining £50.00 GBP is for you for the inconvenience the buyer may have caused you.so kindly send the money via Western Union Money Transfer and get back to us with the MTCN Control Number given to you so we can proceed to credit your account immediately we received the Western Union MTCN Control Number from you,please kindly do this and get back to us with the MTCN Control Number given to you from western union so we can credit your account immediately with the sum of £1,830.00 GBP , send the money to the information below:

TUNDE LAWRENCE
20 Command Street,
Block A

Abesan Ipaja,
Lagos,23401.
Nigeria.

Test Question.......eBay item
Test Answer........ Laptop

Important Note:
Once the total sum of £500.00 GBP has been paid, for the Custom charges in Nigeria via Western Union, under no reason PLEASE NOTE; DO NOT SEND THE MTCN CONTROL NUMBER TO THE BUYER because we want your account to be credited before sending it to the buyer, the REF NUMBER or the Western Union should be sent to us.

NOTICE:The amount shown is the actual fees to be credited in to your account.£1,830.00 GBP

Please respond within the next 24hrs.

The "official" PayPal corporate offices are at:
Centennial Hall 128
1000 S. Franklin
Kirksville, MO 63501
Thank you for using PayPal ® . We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.
Sincerely,
Gene Braint
PayPal Customer Care,

all day i have been getting emails off this guy and paypal saying i need to send the item now like getting slightly abusive

there are photo on the emails i have found on google images and soome how this buyer has my mobile number and has now been removed off ebay also
Advertisement

#253249 by sophie baker Thu May 28, 2015 7:22 pm
Another email i have just been sent 7 times

Dear mer,

That's the only way we can help on this situation you should try and send half of the money which is £250.00 GBP and get back to us with the western union information and we shall now get your account credited and immediately we get your account credited you will make sure you send the remaining £250.00 GBP

TUNDE LAWRENCE
20 Command Street,
Block A
Abesan Ipaja,
Lagos,23401.
Nigeria.

Test Question.......eBay item
Test Answer........ Laptop

Important Note:
Once the total sum of £500.00 GBP has been paid, for the Custom charges in Nigeria via Western Union, under no reason PLEASE NOTE; DO NOT SEND THE MTCN CONTROL NUMBER TO THE BUYER because we want your account to be credited before sending it to the buyer, the REF NUMBER or the Western Union should be sent to us.

NOTICE:The amount shown is the actual fees to be credited in to your account.£1,830.00 GBP

Please respond within the next 24hrs.

The "official" PayPal corporate offices are at:
Centennial Hall 128
1000 S. Franklin
Kirksville, MO 63501
Thank you for using PayPal ® . We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.
Sincerely,
Gene Braint
PayPal Customer Care,
#253250 by Bryon Williams Thu May 28, 2015 7:23 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

If you are asking is it a scam the answer is yes.

You may want to make your listing " Immediate Payment Required"

Always check your paypal account for payments. Log in directly without any links.

Ebay/Paypal does not need proof of shipping to release your money.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#253251 by Mike Wilson Thu May 28, 2015 7:25 pm
Hello and welcome to Scamwarners,
It is a scam. if the buyer had made the payment via PayPal the money would be in your account and ready for you to use. PayPal does not hold payment until the "item" is shipped.

The best thing to do now is to ignore all emails and telephone calls and they will go away and look for another victim.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#253256 by HillBilly Thu May 28, 2015 8:37 pm
sorry to hear you shipped the item. Now your item is gone, you will never see the money you were supposed to get for it (it was all a fake payment anyhow). Maybe you can hurry up and catch the item in transit and stop the shipment??

Contact the shipper and see if that is possible. It was a regular shipping company, wasn't it? If you can't catch it in transit you should report it to your local police and see if they have any other suggestions on what you can do about it.