Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#258396 by Hardyboy889 Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:18 pm
Hello I need fast help with something that happened last night. So I was logging onto my kik and I see this message of a girl saying "is it OK if I'm 16" and you know I said "yes it's Okay I'm 15". She said she only does shows on Skype and by that moment I knew it was something to do with sext and stuff related. So I gave her my skype just to see if this wasn't a bot. And then I get this big paragraph that looked to be copied and pasted saying that I'm a pedofile and all that stuff and if I don't pay $75 I'll get arrested by the authorities. I'm not a person like that honest to god I wouldn't try to do something like that I said "It was all a missunderstanding" . And she said give me $75 or get arrested so at this moment I said no and she got my IP Adresss. So I was already afraid that this was some kind of scam but then she started to try to convince me that I'll be done and stuff like that. Turns out it's a guy and he's 18 he just has a girl that looks like 20 on his profile picture. Now I'm really paranoid I don't know what to do should I give the $75 or just ignore it. Help!
Advertisement

#258411 by HillBilly Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:55 pm
ignore it. If you pay a dime, the scammer will just keep taking more until you are bled dry or commit suicide.

Block all contact with the scammer. He can't do anything with an IP address. What can he do? report it to law enforcement after he has committed blackmail????? I don't think so.

#258426 by Hardyboy889 Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:43 pm
Thank you very much but what if she tells the authorities that I was trying to get nudes for a minor? I'm 15 and I'm not really into that stuff right now she still says that's I'm going to get arrested and that she has a list of guys that will be getting arrested too?
#258428 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:01 am
Stop all contact with the scammer. Do not tell him why. Just stop.

It is a blackmail scam.

I will not point out the mistakes the scammer made.

Criminals do not report their activities to Law Enforcement.

You have learned a valuable life lesson. People you meet may not be whom they claim on a computer screen. Also video chat can be faked.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#258430 by Hardyboy889 Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:26 am
Thank you very much Bryon yall both really helped I will not do any communication with this scammer. Man I've been paranoid for the whole day I think I'm sick haha.
#258431 by Bryon Williams Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:34 am
If all possible always consult your parents and come here.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/