Information on romance scams and scammers.
#258661 by Tatyana 1981 Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:40 pm
Is there really a rest and recuperation leave program that allows soldiers assigned in Afghanistan to take up for excluding travel time,to visit family or friends?

Does it work by sending an e-mail by the friend/GF/spouse to the commander in charge to request such a leave to that soldier?

I sent one for a friend and this is the reply I got:

This is Commander in charge of the 9th Infantry Division in Afghanistan Service members and Defense Department civilians on orders in Afghanistan supporting Operation liberia Freedom have a rest and
recuperation leave program that allows them take up for excluding travel time,to visit family or friends in the United States,Canada,United Kingdom,Australia,Romania, France and other countries.
Besides,Local commander in Afghanistan have a specific number of allocations for the program at any given time,and invoke operational requirements in deciding who goes and when. We just got your leave request for 3 months leave Permit for Sgt James Martin and we currently processing it. But before the approval, A form
will be giving to your man in respect of the leave permit. Your partner has no access to his funds down here due to security purpose and will be granted access to it as soon as he's out of camp.
So due to this,you are to pay $700 US Dollars for the form stamping and posting back to the states.You are to send the fees through western union money transfer or Money gram to this agent address below;
Receiver's name: Christopher Rodriguez. Address: 3101 Spencer Hwy #78
City: Pasadena State: Texas Postal code: 77504 Country :USA

Email the full payment details back to us as soon as possible you get it done. Congratulations in advance on the approval of your partner's leave.

SIGNED: Commander In-charge. Army strong.

Copyright (c) 2015 Military Service Benefit All Rights Reserved

Can anyone help me find if this is a scam please?
Advertisement

#258662 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:53 pm
It is a scam.

Military members do not pay for leave. It is free and part of their contract. You can not request leave for a military member. He/she must do this themselves through their chain of command. Wives, parents, children and internet girlfriends will never be able to do this.

Military members also have access to their money. They do not pay for phones or internet.

Please read the US Army's warning. http://www.army.mil/article/130861/Army ... nce_scams/

Also please post the scammers name and email address. Post the fake leave officer's email address.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#258666 by Tatyana 1981 Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:39 pm
Could be... Not same photos, not same country, but similar story... A single dad for 3 years, wife died in car accident, 1 daughter. Assigned in Afghanistan for Five years (though I checked online that soldiers in his camp are assigned only for a year)...
#258667 by Tatyana 1981 Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:46 pm
I wish to thank those who reply and help and also who's behind this website. I just came across it by chance when I was checking online trying to find out if this is a scam... I even e-mailed US Army 8)

I just signed up for scamwarners.com. I hope I won't have to use it again :shock: First time for me to encounter such a thing but thank you all.
#258668 by Bryon Williams Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:48 pm
^^^^ All signs of a scammer. Wife died in a car accident, cancer or she cheated on him. Most of the time they will claim to have a child. Both parents are dead.

Can you please post a couple of his initial emails to you. Most of the time they are copied scripts. By posting the script other women may google phrases and find your warning.

Also stop all contact with the scammer. Make him wonder where he messed up.

Information on Romance Scammers. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3607

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#258670 by Tatyana 1981 Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:59 pm
There wasn't much of initial long conversations, he found me through an online dating website datehookup.com and added me on Kik. I was asking most of the questions and his answers were short and brief. But any way it was obvious sth. was wrong coz his English is not that good! It's a second language to me and mine is much better! Clearly he's some scammer from Nigeria or some African &^**&#@ hole.

I already blocked him from FB, Kik and stopped all contacts.

Thank you again :) :D
#258694 by vonpaso xlura Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 pm
The scammer's English is indeed that of an African.

No military asks for payment by Western Union or MoneyGram, nor does any other legitimate business.

Ignore further messages from the scammer and don't tell him why.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10