Information on romance scams and scammers.
#258709 by tnttotty Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:34 am
I have 2 email addresses one is [email protected] is this real? His email is [email protected]. His name is1st Major.Jame.S.Patch of 25b in the 7th bn 379th . I got email fromCommander General Joseph F Dunford JNR. Stating he was getting a sabbatical leave letter stated he would get to a certain place called Apod then he would be on his own getting back to states he asked for 2300.00 I sent it now he's asking money for BTA of 5000.00. Says Muslims will not let him thru supposed to be in Cyprus. Thank you tnttotty
Advertisement

#258710 by AlanJones Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:50 am
tnttotty wrote:I have 2 email addresses one is [email protected] is this real? His email is [email protected]. His name is1st Major.Jame.S.Patch of 25b in the 7th bn 379th . I got email fromCommander General Joseph F Dunford JNR. Stating he was getting a sabbatical leave letter stated he would get to a certain place called Apod then he would be on his own getting back to states he asked for 2300.00 I sent it now he's asking money for BTA of 5000.00. Says Muslims will not let him thru supposed to be in Cyprus. Thank you tnttotty

I'm sorry, but it is a scam.

1. The US military would never write to Husbands/Wives/family members (let alone Internet pen pals, which is how you would be seen) about soldiers.
2. Soldiers do not have to pay for leave, they earn it through time served and if they have not earned enough leave, can not buy more.
3. The email address [email protected] is a free email address and US military email addresses would end .mil with nothing after it.
4. If a soldier is on leave and returning to the US, he would not be left to his own devices to do it, the military would transport him back.

I'm afraid that the money you have already sent is gone as the scammer you have been communicating with will have picked it up anonymously.

Please cut off all contact with the scammers, but do not accuse them of being scammers as they will just try to deny it and keep on scamming you. Could you also post some of the early emails that the scammer sent you as these will very likely be scripted and be being sent to many women and also the details of where you were asked to send the money.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#258744 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:01 am
Also, there is currently no such thing as a BTA.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10