Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#258789 by Gatsbygirl23 Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:53 pm
Hello,

So I came across a posting as an online clerk from a lady on facebook. She listed it as employment. She said she was helping a friend look for an online clerk that can work from home sending the employees payroll through a bank I provide. The CEO of Helio Creative Designs Daniel Thomas from South Carolina, said he would transfer the funds to the bank account, and I just have to make sure 13 employees get paid every 2nd saturday of the month. If he transfers the money to a bank account under my name, and I send the money accordingly to these individuals bank accounts via direct deposit. Is this considered money laundering in any way, and would I be liable? He said he travels to Florida a lot as well. Does this seem like scam or not? I need help? Have not taken the job yet, for fear of opening a new bank account just for that company.

Thank You.
Advertisement

#258792 by Dotti Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:16 pm
Yes, it is a scam.

Yes, it is money laundering.

He wants to transfer money from hacked or phished accounts into yours, then have you transfer the money to accounts that he can access. Later, when it is discovered that the transfer into your account was fraudulent, you will be the one left holding the bag.

A legitimate company would pay employees directly through a company bank account or hire a legitimate contract payroll service.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#258794 by Gatsbygirl23 Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:45 pm
I looked up the company name & I see the facebook & linkedin accounts. I didn't find the exact name on manta, which should be on there if it was a real company. He said his name is Daniel Thomas, but online it says Thomas daniel. This is the email address I have for him: [email protected]. I am looking on the better business bureau as well. Thank you sooooo much for this information. I was wondering why we couldn't just use quickbooks. Hahaha lol....
#258821 by HillBilly Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:49 pm
Scammers impersonate real businesses all the time. The biggest clue you have that it is an impersonation is the fact that it comes from a free email address ( yahoo.com).

I just posted an article in the news section here about a woman who apparently fell for a similar scam. Look here :

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105300&p=258796#p258796

#258845 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:30 pm
There is no such thing as a legitimate job processing payroll at home.

If you have any email, please post it with complete headers. Others may be searching for text in the email.

Thomas Daniel is probably West African, judging by his name. With text of the email, we can likely tell for sure.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10