Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#259258 by jonny9292 Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:48 pm
So basically I posted a post about wanting to teach people dance, since I needed something to do this summer. The day I posted the post, low and behold, a person responded! I was really happy, especially when another person contacted me the morning after. However, I was really suspicious because the two use the same method of writing, (using 'kindly', having bad grammar) and they both refuse to answer phone calls. One claims she's deaf and said she'd get her husband to call me. I still haven't received any calls and it's been almost a week.

They both claimed that they wanted to send me a check ahead of time with the full payment for a month, and both wanted me to use western union.

Just in case anyone has dealt with these potential scammers before, here's their info:
First lady: [email protected], 1-209-714-7077
Second lady: 1-234-251-7879
Third lady: [email protected] (I've already confirmed from another person this is definitely a scammer) 1-619-637-7198
Advertisement

#259263 by Bryon Williams Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:07 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the post.

Yes, they are scams.

The scammers pretend that they want your services. If you accept they will want to send you a fake check for more than the amount of services. They will then ask you to forward the over payment back to them or a third person. In most case they will want the over payment sent via Western Union or Moneygram.

In some cases they will want to use stolen Credit Cards if you are able to process them.

Bottom line is that they are wanting to steal your money.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#259275 by vonpaso xlura Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:52 pm
Could you post the content of the messages? Other targets of the scammers could be looking for text of the messages, or if they are searching for the email address, the text would verify that it's a scam.

From your brief description, it sounds like they are African. If you let us look at what kind of grammar they use, we can tell for sure.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#290941 by Amack1979 Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:20 am
I also posted an item on Craigslist and got a very polite email. Being the cynic I am, I figured it might be a scam (no one in Texas uses the term advert). The "lady" used the same email address from this original post claiming her name is Rose Richard.
Here's "her" email:

Hello
I really appreciate your prompt response and am very sorry for the delay in response to your reply , My name is Rose Richard....Actually am so sorry that I could not longer come to pick it in person as planned, I actually just had a change in my work schedule, i will not be free for the rest of the week. I believe am ok with the condition as seen on the advert as well as the price stated. I am ready to make instant purchase with my mode of payment would being a Certified Bank Check via Postal service Express mail or UPS overnight delivery.

I'll arrange for a local pick up as soon as you receive check, cashed it and have your money in hand, I promise you everything will go smoothly ..So I'll need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check...

Full Name :
Address :
City :
State :
Postal Code :
Cell Phone Number :
Last asking price :

As soon as this is provided, payment will be overnight to you and I will let you know once mailed out with tracking number sent to you. I will also add an additional $50 for holding it for me till the Check gets you and delete the posting from CL today.I hope we handle this in good faith while waiting to hear from you.