Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#242973 by Makaveli91 Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:40 pm
Hello to all good people of scamwarners,

I have been victim of DAD GmbH company. When i recived letter from them i tought it was legit part of EU and that it needs my company information for the legal EU paperwork. I signed that paper and sent them :cry:

I have sent them email and tried to cancel the deal but they sent me this:" We must inform you that the contractually agreed cooling-off period for your order has already expired. For this reason we cannot comply with your request for immediate cancellation of your order."

What is my next move and is there any hope and solution to this problem.

Please help
Advertisement

#242977 by HillBilly Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:01 pm
Hi and welcome, Makaveli91. Sorry you are in this situation.

Before anyone can help you we'd need more details to work with. please give :

the website / email and physical addresses of the company / people you were in touch with. Phone #'s are also helpful.

What is the "Deal" they made with you by you signing a document?

You did not mention payment, what type of payment did you make? ( Check, CC, T/T, Wire transfer, etc)?

#242978 by Makaveli91 Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:19 pm
Thank you HillBilly,

Email: [email protected]

Web: http://www.e-b-n.eu/index.php

DAD Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH
Alter Wall 65
20457 Hamburg
Postfach 11 35 58
20435 Hamburg
Deutschland

Tel. 0049 (0)40 7511990
Fax 0049 (0)40 75119911

Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 88115
Geschäftsführerin: Daniela Kunst

The deal was (when i read it like I should in the first place) 3 years contract and it is 480€ per year.
So far I didnt pay them anything.

Thank you for intrest to help me.
#242990 by Justin Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:39 pm
Not sure if this is a scam the Name and phone number match the registration of the website. Not that that means it's not a scam just that it is unusual. Can you post headers from the emails you received?

#243002 by HillBilly Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:58 pm
Domain
Domain name e-b-n.eu
Status REGISTERED (What this means)
Registered February 7, 2014
Expiry date February 7, 2016
Last update February 8, 2015, 12:05 am
Registrant
Name Daniela Kunst
Organisation DAD Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH
Language English
Address

http://www.e-b-n.eu/contact.php
DAD Deutscher Adressdienst GmbH

Alter Wall 65
20457 Hamburg
Germany

P.O. Box 11 35 58
20435 Hamburg
Germany

Phone: 0049 40 7511990
Fax: 0049 40 75119911

I don't know enough about DE and EU law to suggest a good move for you, but since you haven't paid anything yet, I would say don't pay at all. See what happens from there. I think Grunt had some advice worth listening to as well. Going to the police can't hurt. Take the articles he posted along with you when you go to the police.

You may wind up seeking an attorney's advice on the matter.

use http://google.com/ to find out more about this company, google its name, address, phone #'s, and person's name. Virtually anything that can help prove this is a set up and made to look like a real government entity is likely proof enough.

#243006 by AlanJones Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:19 pm
It's a well known scam - there is no such official thing as an "European Business Number", they are just selling you a worthless subscription to a directory, that will probably result in you being spammed to hell by dodgy companies.

As Grunt said, refer it to your local police and your lawyer - they'll probably send threatening letters/emails, but they know that the costs of taking legal action and being successful are not worth it.

Also, how long was it between you signing the contract and asking to cancel?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#243061 by Makaveli91 Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:28 am
Thank you all for help :)

I will listen to your advices and i will contact police, lawyer and my bookkeeper.
It passed 29 days since signing contract and me asking to cancel
#243234 by Makaveli91 Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:48 am
What are my possibilities, if i go to court will i be able to win?
#243242 by HillBilly Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:26 am
Only an experienced local lawyer can give you an answer to that question, Makaveli91 .

Find a local lawyer through your local BAR association, and talk to several of them ( Most have a free initial consultation, at least around here). Do Google searches on them, and before you decide to go forth and sign any documents ask for a list of references of local people you can talk to about that lawyer.

Here is a list of international BAR associations ( or whatever they might be called in that area). :
http://www.ibanet.org/barassociations/b ... _home.aspx

Also do not accept my words as your only choice, it is merely a suggestion and opinion. A starting place if you will.

#261387 by vladoius Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:14 am
I have the same problem.
I fill the paper with stamp and signature, on second page only.
I don't have the first page.
Is an ordinary scam.
also they send me one invoice with a paper with payment with credit card to give my credit card number and date .
Course I don't give anything, but them I realize that site is a problem and phishing site.
I pay anything.
You can provide the first page? I want go to police
#261746 by masoap Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:03 am
Hi,
same thing happened to us here in Finland. . What we did here: we spread the words until we found over ten other small firms that have been fooled by these guys. Now we are a big group and we know each other in our Country and we, all together, are able to testify against them that the information in their contract were unclear and not valid, In case this thing ends up in court, do not think it will ever happen, we stand together against them. I advise you to do the same. Join up!