Information on romance scams and scammers.
#262712 by roach818sfv Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:04 am
Some chick I've been texting with over my cell phone (that I haven't met yet) said that I need to go to this site and register to set up a meet, in order to met each other in person. The link I was sent to go to the site is <removed potentially unsafe link - dott>
She says that I have to set up the meet through this site in order to meet her in person. She said that the reason I have to do this is so she knows that I'm legit. She said she had met someone from the internet before and it didn't go well, so that's why I have to go to this site in order to meet her.
It sounds and seems really fishy to me. Also, No I haven't registered with the site yet cause my gut feeling tells me something is not right and that I should do research on this site before I go further and register.
Please let me know what you think this is all about. Thank you for any advice or information!
Advertisement

#262716 by Dotti Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:18 am
You are describing a bog-standard camgirl scam. A good part of the time, the person you are chatting with is not even a person, but a bot.

The typical path of this particular kind of scam is very simple: When you go to the site, it will require you provide a credit card number to "prove you are over 18." If you provide one, no matter what you are promised, you will soon find yourself finding charges you did not authorize.

Just delete and move on.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.