Information on romance scams and scammers.
#265786 by nurse2015 Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:15 pm
Hello. I got scammed several years ago by a military man whose wife had left him and he was deployed and had a little boy as well. In the meantime I was given an email to notify the general of what he had done. Not long ago I was contacted by a soldier who said he worked for the general in command at the time in afgan. He protrays himself to SM Joe Halmstab. I have looked at many websites and cant find anything that verifies him. Now he has two generals contacting me and telling me if I dont pay fees and monthly dues they will jail me. Is this possible? I am ex military and for some reason its hard to believe, Here is his email address he uses [email protected], phone: 256-333-2902
General David email address: [email protected], phone: 732-955-7617
General Adams email address: [email protected], phone: 951-692-4971

SM Hamlstab claims to be from VA, big house, tons of money in the bank. Of course he gave me the story of his bank account is locked and supposedly since i didnt pay required fees he was jailed and beaten with his leg broken, had surgery and now doesnt communicate much because he is in therapy. Wants money sent to him but it goes through a military correspondent in Nigeria supposedly.
Is this a scam? I have never known the military to threat jail over fees in which i dont owe as I served my time in the service. Why would I owe money.
Please help....
Advertisement

#265789 by HillBilly Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:05 pm
Military addresses do not end in outlook.com, nor consultant.com ( another FREE email address provider).
Read this article for more information about military impersonation scammers ( like yours).
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

and see this one, from CID : http://www.cid.army.mil/documents/Looko ... Scams2.pdf

Military does not use VOIP phones for official business, either.

(732) 955-7617
Owner's name hidden for privacy reasons

Owner is based in South River, NJ
VoIP - Enflick

(951) 692-4971

Owner is based in Hemet, CA
VoIP - TextPlus

(256) 333-2902

Owner is based in Red Bay, AL
VoIP - Enflick
Last edited by HillBilly on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#265790 by nurse2015 Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:14 pm
Thank you. The gens told me they were here in the states. One gen told me today that he had men in my city if i did not pay my fee by the time money gram closed. I dont ever remember the military communicating like that when I was in. What about the SM Joe Halmstab [email protected], phone 256-333-2902. They claim to all be in the states right now. I asked all of them for the army.mil address and they had all different excuses to its to confidential to if you dont have one then I cant give it to you.
#265791 by HillBilly Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:31 pm
its simple, if they can't or won't provide you with a .mil address, either they are not military or not doing something that is sanctioned by the military. If the latter, then it needs to be reported to CID ( or appropriate branch ).

In your case they are simply scammers. If you can post the emails they sent to you, the script may help others from falling victim to this scam as well. Please remove any of your personal information from the emails before posting.

#265800 by Mike Wilson Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:19 am
Welcome to Scamwarners nurse2015,
The following is pure fantasy written by a young person from Western Africa that has never been in any military unit in his life.

Now he has two generals contacting me and telling me if I dont pay fees and monthly dues they will jail me. Is this possible?

They are not part of any military unit anywhere in the world. The request for a payment via Money Gram is absolute proof of a scam because no government agency would ask for any fees to be paid in this manner. These scumbags are not in your city and no one is going to arrest you. The best thing to do now is to ignore all emails and telephone calls from these criminals.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#265848 by HillBilly Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:03 am
same scammer has several scams going at once... http://saharaagrochemical.com/contact.html
call us on:

+1-732-955-7617

canonical name saharaagrochemical.com.
aliases
addresses 68.171.217.250
Domain Whois record

Queried whois.internic.net with "dom saharaagrochemical.com"...

Domain Name: SAHARAAGROCHEMICAL.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS07.VBHOSTNET.COM
Name Server: NS08.VBHOSTNET.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 01-dec-2014
Creation Date: 28-nov-2014
Expiration Date: 28-nov-2015

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 14:55:45 GMT <<<
Queried whois.enom.com with "saharaagrochemical.com"...

Domain Name: SAHARAAGROCHEMICAL.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1887631923_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com
Updated Date: 2014-11-28T06:25:53.00Z
Creation Date: 2014-11-28T14:25:00.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-11-28T14:25:00.00Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48
Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED