Information on romance scams and scammers.
#271228 by Kate1970 Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:20 pm
This man I met on Badoo, this is the first e mail you have sent me.

Joe Diaz <[email protected]>
To xxx Sep 22 at 5:25 PM
Hey beautiful, How are you doing? Thank you for dropping your email address for me. Well, I can tell that i'm searching for the love of my life, whom we can make a perfect match. I am an honest person that has no reason to lie, cheat or talk a bunch of shit to make myself out to be something better than what I am. So if you are one of those people, please don't waste my time because my time is valuable and I don't want to waste it... I will love to tell you more about me. A very good friend of mine got me started on the internet as a way of finding my soul mate. You'll need to know that I'm serving the US Army and currently on deployment here in Syria. I'm from Washougal, Washington. I'm also a former US Marine infantryman, having served 25 active years with different infantry units, from Camp Pendleton, CA. (1st battalion, 9th Marine Regiment, and 2nd battalion, 1st Marine Regiment) and Camp Lejeune, NC (3rd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment).

I have been to a bunch of places in the world, I've been to Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Spain, France, Russia, Canada and South Africa. Some of them are hot spots. I'm privileged to have served with highly professional individuals in the Marines, and the tradition continues now in the Army. I'm fortunate to command a small because i'm the Captain of my unit, very specialized unit and get to interact with many guys on the tip of the spear: US service members of all branches and ranks, Coalition forces, contractors and locals.

I want you to know am a man of one woman, i treat my woman with respect and care. I'm an affectionate and passionate man. I love kids and pets. What do you seek in your idea man? I'm a caring man, who show my woman what true love means, i work according to word of God. I'm a romantic man, I love going to the beach, listen to musics, love taking a walk, love going to the cinemas. I would describe myself as a very caring gentle and positive person, Very generous. I have a good sense of humor. Life is too short so i live life to the fullest. I would like to meet a woman who is caring and considerate, someone I can trust and who will trust me and will always be honest with me, someone who enjoys laughing at the silly things that happen in life. Someone who is willing to share the work to make our home a comfortable place. Someone who likes to live in a tidy house too, I do not like to have things very messy. I'd be very happy to share all of the works required to keep the house clean.

Your Soldier Friend,
Sfc. Joseph Diaz

Because I could not see the letters on Yahoo desired headline asked him to send mail to my other address.
Header from a different e-mail:
Return -Patch:<[email protected]>
Received:from [93.186.31.83] by web160504.mail.bf1.yahoo.com via HTTP
X-Yahoo-Newman-ymial-4
Property:X-Yahoo-Newman- [email protected]

I must add that as yet does not want any money.Also he gave me a link to your Facebook profile and the profile of his sister(?).
He wants to come to me to leave on that same allegedly occurred.What to do, whether it is a scammer?
Advertisement

#271232 by Mike Wilson Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:38 pm
Hello Kate1970 and welcome to Scamwarners.

I am sorry to say that you are in contact with a scammer. The email that you posted contains parts of scripts that have been used before by romance scammers.

Read this article for more information viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

Please stop all contact with this fake soldier and do not tell him that you posted his information here because he will just make up more lies to try and continue the scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#271970 by Kate1970 Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:24 pm
Some time ago I wrote to the man who posed as Sergeant Joe Diaz.He said he is on a mission in Syria.He was very kind, caring and of course love.After 2 months, he said he wants to come to me to leave.He wrote beautiful e-mails, poems, and he sent photos.But because the mission is only 4 months ... has to pay a fine of 20 000 $.Here is the conversation with him on Yahoo.:
"sgt.jdiaz00074: How are you doing babe
sgt.jdiaz00074: And how are my sons
xx: we are fine,thanks and you?
sgt.jdiaz00074: I miss you babe
xx: I also miss you, I was worried when you did not write
sgt.jdiaz00074: Omg
sgt.jdiaz00074: What do we do babe
sgt.jdiaz00074: Jenny can't get all the mone
sgt.jdiaz00074: Money yet
sgt.jdiaz00074: I am tired of staying here
sgt.jdiaz00074: I want you
sgt.jdiaz00074: I want to be with you
xx: oh no!
sgt.jdiaz00074: I email Mom earlier today to borrow me 5000 usd
sgt.jdiaz00074: But she said she can only come up with 3k
sgt.jdiaz00074: And Jenny already have 15000
sgt.jdiaz00074: So now we need more $2000
xx: and i have any money
xx: what we can doing?
sgt.jdiaz00074: Hold on babe
sgt.jdiaz00074: Some is here
sgt.jdiaz00074: Let me write Jenny again if she can borrow $2000 from anywhere. I will know if she will be able to get all the money and make the payment by tomorrow.
sgt.jdiaz00074: The fine is $20.000 of me breach the Army protocol. Because I just spend 4months here. I'm not due to take a leave, but I am doing this for you. but she already have $15.000 I told her to make sure it is complete before the make the payment.
sgt.jdiaz00074: My love will you be able to come up with the rest? Just $2000 babe
sgt.jdiaz00074: Please Honey.... Because if Mom give Jenny $3000 plus the $15.000, that is $18.000, so we need just 2000 usd to get me home babe. Will you be able to borrow me that. I will pay you back the next day I get there babe.
sgt.jdiaz00074: If you have it, I will just tell Jenny to go and collect the 3000 from Mom and make the payment today, and you can also make the payment too.
xx: i have not money dear i told you this
sgt.jdiaz00074: Okay
xx: i miss you so much,what we can doing now?
sgt.jdiaz00074: I don't know babe
sgt.jdiaz00074: Jenny said that is all she have in her account
sgt.jdiaz00074: The person that owe her money refused to pay her
xx: i don know darling what i can do, today i think of nothing because here is a late evening
sgt.jdiaz00074: Okay babe
sgt.jdiaz00074: I'm still talking to Jenny
sgt.jdiaz00074: She's asking if you can raise any amount at all
sgt.jdiaz00074: And you don't know if you can raise any amount?
sgt.jdiaz00074: How much can you ask?
sgt.jdiaz00074: That is what she's asking me
sgt.jdiaz00074: And if you can't get anything
sgt.jdiaz00074: Let me know
sgt.jdiaz00074: I'm not trying to push you babe
xx: i will try ask for all
sgt.jdiaz00074: No babe... You said you can't get it babe
sgt.jdiaz00074: I don't want to stress you
sgt.jdiaz00074: I think Jenny wants to raise some too....so that is why she is asking that you should be able to come up with something
sgt.jdiaz00074: She's not asking everything...because I already told her you don't have $2000
sgt.jdiaz00074: You are funny
sgt.jdiaz00074: Okay can you come up with a grand?
sgt.jdiaz00074: When you are asking me babe. That's why I said you are funny
sgt.jdiaz00074: How much do you think you can borrow from your brother and your friend?

sgt.jdiaz00074: Okay
xx: are you there?
sgt.jdiaz00074: I just told her
xx: why you silent?
sgt.jdiaz00074: She said she will talk to her fiancee
xx: oh,ok
sgt.jdiaz00074: Sorry babe
sgt.jdiaz00074: I was talking to Jenny
xx: when Jenny will know something?
sgt.jdiaz00074: She said tonight her time, when her husband get back from work
xx: You said that she does not have a husband
sgt.jdiaz00074: Her fiancee"
I have all the e mails that he wrote to me and "his" pictures.
#271984 by Bryon Williams Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:10 pm
This scammer is located in Lagos, Nigeria.

Originating IP: 154.118.15.176
Originating ISP: Spectranet Ltd
City: Lagos
Country of Origin: Nigeria

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#273357 by Bryon Williams Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:02 pm
Hello,

Never report a scammers email address, Facebook account or dating site profiles. If these accounts are closed then your warning will be useless.

The scammer will take 5 minutes out of his life change his fake name possibly pictures and start all over again. Then we will only locate him again when a victim or potential victim reports him here.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/