Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#275976 by dude_ Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:38 am
I've was going to buy a projector online. I've been emailing with this person for a few days and it felt legit at first but I've grown suspicious. This is the email I got from the transport company which seems also legit. I just googled some phrases from this message and I found some scam related info. The seller gave me this address for the transport company: http://www.Omega-Transports.de.be

The seller also sent me a picture of their ID-card, supposedly.

I all personal information from this message and also the tracking number. But here is the message that got me suspicious:

Transaction "Sony VPL-HW55ES" Started!‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏
Omega Transports <[email protected]>
Vast. ott.:
Kopio:
Dear Customer,

Using this service you will be 100% protected against stolen goods and money will be saved until you receive and test the product.
Our records shown that the package # is in our custody ready to be shipped.

Invoice for transaction details of product:

Billing Information:
First name:
Last name:
Address:
City:
Zip or postal code:
Email
Company Name: -
Card Number:
Phone number: -
Fax number: -

Delivery Information
First Name:
Last Name:
Address:
City:
Zip or postal code:
Email
Company Name: -
Card Number: -
Phone number:
Fax number:

Product details:

Make: Sony
Model: VPL-HW55ES(Package Complete)
Price: EUR €410.00
Condition: Original Packaging
Postal Inspection: The pojector has been tested by us and it works fine with no signs of use.

Package has been insured by Omega Transports.

Inspection Period given by Seller: 5 business days
Inspection Period will begin after Buyer/Seller had picked up the product/s.
During Inspection Periods Buyer has Money Back Guarantee if he/she decide not to keep the product/s.

Transaction has been Initiated today : 23-November-2015 by
Seller () had paid the shipping fees and insurance fees for delivery to .
Total Amount that Seller had paid using our services is : 68.00 EUR

Tracking No.:

If the Buyer Address from Tracking Number is wrong , please contact us as soon as possible.
Omega Transports guarantee package contents.

Steps:

1. The product is made by the shipping company of Omega Transports.
2. The buyer has to make a payment of EUR €410 as a deposit for the shipment (transport) of the product/s.

The deposit of EUR €410 will be sent to one of our agents to pay.
He placed the deposit into a trust in our banks until the buyer receives the product/s and test it.
We do not release the money or give money to the seller until the buyer confirm that he wants to hold the product/s.
We will keep the deposit until Buyer receive and test the product/s!

Note* We recommend to Buyer that he/she make the payment trough Western Union Money Transfer Services.
Buyer will pay a fee from 20 to 35.00 EUR when he/she is sending the money using Western Union.

PAYMENT USING WESTERN UNION!

For assistance with completing a money transfer, to find an Agent location, or for other inquiries, please call 1-800-325-6000, or for TTY users, 1-800-877-8973.

Please send the deposit of EUR €410 for Omega Transports to release the package!
Pay delivery via wire transfer using Western Union Money Transfer Services in partnership with Omega Transports .
Please visit Western Union (http://www.westernunion.com) website to find your nearest Western Union Office to make the payment in person.
Payment will be made to our AGENT and NOT to SELLER, below is our AGENT full name and address.

First Name:
Last Name:
Address:
City :
Zip Code:
Total Amount to be sent: €410.00 EUR

HINT: If Buyer specify at Western Union Agency that he/she transfer the money to an family member then Western Union fees will be much smaller than usual.

Note* To make the payment please go to an Western Union office and make the payment in person!
If Buyer choose to make the payment online he/she must send us the scanned (copied) papers from Western Union after Western Union approves the transaction.
Using Western Union , Omega Transports. will register Buyer Payment in maximum 24 hours!
Buyer will pay a fee from 20 to 35.00 EUR when he/she is sending the money using Western Union.
Payment will be sent ONLY to our agent ant not to Seller!

After the payment is completed send us the scanned paper from Western Union or send us the following information to our mail address:

- MTCN (10 digit Money Transfer Control Number shown on Western Union paper)
- Name and address of money remitters (exact sender name from Western Union paper)
- Amount sent

Once the transfer is complete you can begin step 2.

2. The company brings the product/s to the buyer address using Omega Transports ([email protected])
The product will be at the address buyer in maximum 3 days.
3. The buyer receive the product/s and test it during the inspection,
he/she has 5 days to verify that the product together with the agent of the company
ho is responsible for the transaction.
The buyer will have to contact Omega Transports if he wants to keep the product or not.
a) If the buyer wants to keep the product our agent will have to send to seller the balance
payment of EUR €410 Post tax to the seller.
The seller must bee agree with this type
b) If the buyer reject the product and he do not want to buy the product/s,Omega Transports will return
the deposit of EUR €410 to Buyer - Post taxes at the maximum 12 hours and the product will be taken to the seller.
The buyer must contact Omega Transports with its decision.
At the end of the buyer and seller are both happy because event was through the sale of Omega Transports!

Service delivery and Buyer Protection
Omega Transports Team !
[email protected]
Last edited by dude_ on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#275978 by Tim Atem Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:45 am
It is a scam, you were right to be suspicious! No legitimate seller would operate this way:
HINT: If Buyer specify at Western Union Agency that he/she transfer the money to an family member then Western Union fees will be much smaller than usual.

Note* To make the payment please go to an Western Union office and make the payment in person!
If Buyer choose to make the payment online he/she must send us the scanned (copied) papers from Western Union after Western Union approves the transaction.

The consultant.com email address they are using is a free email address. There is no projector - they only want to steal your money. Stop all communication with the scammer and do not tell them you have reported them here.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#275998 by TerranceBoyce Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:20 am
The fake transport company and its website are part of the scam.

Privacy Policy

…..we will always ask for your explicit consent if we need to process company data categorized as "sensitive" by the Data Protection Act, 1998.

That's a UK Act of Parliament and it wouldn't have any relevance to a Greek transport company.

Scammers don't think anyone will read the small print and just use the same wording between different scam websites without bothering to change any details. Personally I like reading the small print. :D
Last edited by TerranceBoyce on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#276385 by dude_ Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:35 pm
I got these two new scam emails after I posted the first one here.

"hello

Are you stupid ?
You posted my name on Google that i fraud people

Today i was at court and open a case for this, My lawyer told me to explain you about this situation and tell you to delete that but i am very sure that you will not do that.

I am Manager at Marks and Spencer and you made my reputation bad

If in 24 hours is not deleted from the internet my lawyer will contact you"

"Dear *****,

Today our Lawyer Nikolaos Ponirakos open an European Civil Case because you tried to defamed our company ( Omega International - Services & Transports S.A.)

The first appearance of our Lawyer to the court is 02.12.2015.

The prejudices that you have created to us from Monday 23 Nov 2015 until today 26 NOV 2015 are over 9650 EURO.

The prjudices will grow up if your ads over the internet are not deleted.

You will be contacted by our Lawyer too and you will receive by post at your address the noification by Court of Athens Greece.

Omega Transports Team!"
#276386 by AlanJones Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:43 pm
dude_ wrote:From: Omega Transports <[email protected]>
"Dear *****,

Today our Lawyer Nikolaos Ponirakos open an European Civil Case because you tried to defamed our company ( Omega International - Services & Transports S.A.)

The first appearance of our Lawyer to the court is 02.12.2015.

The prejudices that you have created to us from Monday 23 Nov 2015 until today 26 NOV 2015 are over 9650 EURO.

The prjudices will grow up if your ads over the internet are not deleted.

You will be contacted by our Lawyer too and you will receive by post at your address the noification by Court of Athens Greece.

Omega Transports Team!"

This nonsense was clearly written by a moron with the IQ of a dead slug. He's so dumb that he probably has to rely on his mother to remind him to wipe his arse after he takes a dump. Just delete the mails and ignore the pathetic piece of crap.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#276413 by TerranceBoyce Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:42 pm
dude_ wrote:I am Manager at Marks and Spencer

.. and he runs a transport company. :laugh-s:

If you were managing director of a company why would you seek to present yourself as having status by mentioning another company ? He's mentioning a large company that he thinks you might have heard of to attempt to give himself credibility. It actually has the opposite effect and doesn't make any sense.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle