Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#276697 by Terminator5 Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:27 am
Doing a few searches for B N international Trading Ltd., I'm finding a few items that warrant closer examination . I'll do more research in AM . We may as well finish out the thread since someone opened the proverbial " can of worms " :beer:

Daniel 8 :25
Advertisement

#276739 by Terminator5 Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:50 pm
TerranceBoyce wrote:Considering that they already have an eBay shopfront (under a different name) would anyone really want to be competing with their own supplier, and why would they want you to do it ?

You'll both be using the same photos so you can only compete with them on cost and it's ludicrous to set up a middleman to undercut yourself.

The holes in this proposition are so obvious you must forgive us being so incredulous that anyone would be attracted to it.

I found the ebay seller profile also which is in itself suspicious . 92% of the transactions that received feedback were for less one US Dollar and a plethora of them were for One Penny . For over one year that seller account didn't sell anything for more than one dollar .

#276742 by TerranceBoyce Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:48 pm
From memory Terminator5 I seem to recall that some of the 'photos' used on the eBay shopfront bore the logo of a US retailer, who I do note run an affiliate program, but that would make anyone operating an eBay dropshop shop front a long way removed from the supplier which is a disaster waiting to happen and the legal implications very worrying. Any affiliate would be bound by strict rules and I doubt they'd be allowed to 'sub-let' their affiliateship because the name and reputation is the most valuable commodity they have.

I'm being cautious and I'll collect screen grabs for my own benefit.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#276768 by TerranceBoyce Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:46 pm
I've found a second eBay shop front. I wonder how many more I can find. :wink:

Now I know what to search for it won't be difficult.

To the OP I would point out that if you ask a question, you cannot dictate the answer you get. Also it isn't a very good idea to act as drop shipper to an unidentified retailer who seeks to retain their anonymity when they already have multiple other drop shippers working on the same platform.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#276772 by Terminator5 Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:25 pm
I actually found 3 additional sites but im waiting to post them pending email verification that they are not registered to do business in Israel .

#276774 by TerranceBoyce Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:53 pm
I did find that the Israeli company was registered in Israel but that doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or another. The name could be being used by an imposter.

There are an awful lot of websites and eBay shop fronts sharing this stock even as far as using the same item numbers and descriptions. They don't share all the items, which makes it a little more complicated to track them down, but I'm making a list. The websites all appear to be set up this year which may be why they want to use established eBay and Amazon sellers with a track record.

I know that there are a lot out there from previous sweeps. I just need to get them all recorded.

#276843 by TerranceBoyce Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:35 am
There are plenty of websites offering the very same items of jewellery at a variety of prices on the internet. Trying to substantiate the authenticity of these suppliers isn't easy but there are enough reasons to be wary of some of them. I'm not going to go through them all because that's impractical.

As regards drop shipping, which was the substance of the OP's original question, then the same basic principles apply to this as to any similar offer. You have to know the company/person offering you the deal and be able to check on their track record because, at the end of the day, it's your bank account that will bear the cost of any failings or errors. As much as you could earn money, you could also lose a lot of money if orders aren't satisfied.

In this instance, as the company offering the deal doesn't disclose their identity on their website, and it's a foreign company with no traceable track record, acting as drop shipper for them would be risky. This is not to say that they aren't respectable and trustworthy, there simply isn't any means to confirm this. On the same basis my bank manager doesn't lend to strangers.

The likelihood is that a buyer of diamond jewellery is going to want to see any items they buy before making a purchase, moreso than even someone buying a used automobile. I would never make the mistake of buying an item of jewellery for a loved one online, even from a known company, and I suspect that part of the purchase experience for a female is being able to try and compare items.

Using eBay sellers with track records may be one way to partially get over the resistance of buyers who prefer to deal with sellers with a track record, but it doesn't address the problem of people wanting to see and touch the product. Meanwhile the seller bears the risk if the buyer is not satisfied.

I also note that a lot of the diamonds offered for sale are referred to as 'clarity enhanced'. Obviously I have no knowledge of the significance of this but it appears that it does have legal implications as regards anyone selling them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_enhancement

Diamond enhancements are specific treatments, performed on natural diamonds (usually those already cut and polished into gems), which are designed to improve the visual gemological characteristics of the diamond in one or more ways. These include clarity treatments such as laser drilling to remove black carbon inclusions, fracture filling to make small internal cracks less visible, color irradiation and annealing treatments to make yellow and brown diamonds a vibrant fancy color such as vivid yellow, blue, or pink.

The CIBJO and government agencies such as the United States Federal Trade Commission explicitly require the disclosure of all diamond treatments at the time of sale. Some treatments, particularly those applied to clarity, remain highly controversial within the industry — this arises from the traditional notion that diamonds hold a unique or "sacred" place among the gemstones, and should not be treated too radically, if for no other reason than a fear of damaging consumer confidence.

Clarity and color enhanced diamonds sell at lower price points when compared to similar, untreated diamonds. This is because enhanced diamonds are originally lower quality before the enhancement is performed, and therefore are priced at a substandard level. After enhancement, the diamonds may visually appear as good as their non-enhanced counterparts. Therefore, treated diamonds appear to have a greater value than they would before treatment, but whether this is in fact the case is questionable.

Overall though I believe that the main problem is that the majority of the public aren't ready to buy diamond jewellery online.

#276849 by Ali Baba Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:38 am
Okay. So I was angry at the jokes made at my expense, but you have all clearly done your research and I have a learned a lesson. Thanks for the help.
#276851 by TerranceBoyce Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:54 am
I don't think anyone intended to mock you or make jokes at your expense Ali Baba and I apologise if you thought we did.

Sometimes these 'deals' need quite a bit of research and I believe that further enquiries are still being made. Before getting a definitive opinion I thought it best to point out the risks and problems associated with the deal you are being offered.

If it has helped, that's what we're here to do.

#276856 by Terminator5 Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:39 pm
I would be wary of any company that wasn't properly registered. "B.N. INTERNATIONAL TRADING LTD" is registered in Israel .

These Company Names :

Merlin Jewelers

BestDiamond Dropshipping

Diamond DropShipping

Diamond Drop Shipping

Are not registered as companies in Israel . The fact that replies from [email protected] come in the name of B N international Trading Ltd , is very deceptive along with the dodgy methods used to register these sites .

#279344 by SR777 Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:58 am
I am the owner of the diamond-dropshipping. I am kindly requesting you to please remove my private information from your thread. The personal information I have provided for this domain is accurate and you have caused me a lot of issues with my hosting provider as they are now refusing to restore my website. I would advise to do some better research before posting such things on the internet and reporting without proof. PLEASE REMOVE MY PRIVATE INFORMATION FROM THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY. As to bestdiamonddropshipping, we are not affiliated to them in ANY way these guys copied my website and most of my content. I do not know who they are.
I understand you guys are trying to do the right thing and help the general public but you should be careful on what you post as you can also hurt honest business individuals by posting false information. I appreciate your cooperation with this matter.
#279354 by AlanJones Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:30 pm
SR777 wrote:The personal information I have provided for this domain is accurate

It would appear that ICANN and your domain registrars disagree as they have suspended the domain for having invalid WhoIs details. As for your "private" details, they're a matter of public record, so I won't be editing my post to remove them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#279373 by SR777 Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:40 pm
ICANN suspended the website because the phone number was not accurate and so the website will be back up very soon. Everything there is accurate. What you are doing is spreading false rumors about myself and I will not accept that. Posting my personal information here without my consent is illegal and I will escalate this further to ICE if this thread is not gone by the morning. You should use your time more wisely than to waste it on people that are trying to make an honest living.

AlanJones wrote:
SR777 wrote:The personal information I have provided for this domain is accurate

It would appear that ICANN and your domain registrars disagree as they have suspended the domain for having invalid WhoIs details. As for your "private" details, they're a matter of public record, so I won't be editing my post to remove them.
#279375 by Bryon Williams Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:55 pm
I will escalate this further to ICE if this thread is not gone by the morning.

Good luck with that.

If this helps go for it.

https://www.ice.gov/contact

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/