Information on romance scams and scammers.
#276762 by Monicaduc Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:14 pm
Roland johnson holden
Claims to be USA army, was in Kuwait filed his own papers to get home but needed money for his next of kin. ....claims his wife died 5 years ago In a car accident and won't talk about her. ...was in a car accident when he was trying to get to airport and needs money money to pay medical bills before he leaves. ...was told to email [email protected].......can't talk on phone is not safe. ..281.929.9201
[email protected]
Claims to be 44...I have scanned all the pictures he has sent me and none come up. ..I did scan the ones his so called doctor sent and they had been used before. ....any help would be appreciated
Advertisement

#276765 by HillBilly Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:27 pm
The military takes care of its workers, there is no charge for health care if you belong to the military.

Anyone asking you to send money and you only know them from the internet is a scammer, period. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Military addresses end in .mil, not a free address such as @usa.com

Please see this topic about romance scammers impersonating military personnel. Please read all of the references at the bottom of Dottie's post, too.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

especially this in the references section : http://www.cid.army.mil/documents/Looko ... Scams2.pdf

Stop contact with the criminal, do not tell him you know he is a scammer, do not tell him he is posted here. Just sort of fall off of the face of the earth with him.

Please post some of the first few emails he sent to you, so others searching for phrases and text can find it. Remove any of your personal information before you post his letters.