Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#283919 by k.nicole12915 Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:02 pm
Hi,
So two days ago I got an email when I joined the website Care.com ( don't worry it gets good)
So anyways a gentleman named John Beck asked for pet sitting services because he was moving to my area (CLASSIC)
The sad part is I didn't know I was getting scammed at first. I thought I hit the jackpot! BUT I got a little suspicious when my mother pointed out some stuff to me. BUT heres the thing. I kinda wanna catch this guy. (sounds ridiculous I know) but I could have got scammed out of thousands of dollars AND got arrested. And I have a son I have to care for. IF ANYONE HAS A SIMLIAR EXPERCIENCE PLEASE HELP. im trying to sweet talk him now. ANYONE. How do I know whats a scam and what isn't?
Advertisement

#283920 by Mike Wilson Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:16 pm
Hello k.nicole12915,
I am glad that you discovered the scam before losing any money to this criminal. What you described is a classic money mule scam. Since this thief has your real information I advise you to stop all contact by ignoring all emails and telephone calls..
He is most likely located in West Africa where he will be out of reach of your local law enforcement.

Please post a sample of the emails along with the email address and telephone number if any be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

If you have any additional questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#283925 by vonpaso xlura Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:00 pm
If he says he is moving to your area, without saying what the area is, and then asks for your address, he is a scammer.

As Mike said, please post the email, with the email address. Also post any websites used by the scammer.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#283927 by Terminator5 Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:45 pm
Its never a good idea for victims to " catch " these guys or even investigate them or waste their time . Drop all contact with the scammer and post whatever details you have on him here in this forum .

If you have an interest in doing something about these criminals you can go to the 419Eater site and learn how to deal with them .

Daniel 8 :25