Company Representative scams, Payment Processing scams and other Employment scams.
#307140 by Maliamom Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:53 pm
I have been contacted by this email [email protected] for a work from position at Quest Diagnostics I was offered the job, I was emailed an offer letter to sign and everything. The weird thing about this is she had me download an app called google hangouts so she can do my interview through there. She asked for proof of address which I did send then contacted me the following day saying that I was to report to her for "training" the next day. She had look up certain topics such as General Ledger, Financials, Journal Libraries etc and tell her about them. Things got a little more when she said that was my training and I had passed. She then I would be getting a start up check in the mail to set up home office the check came she told me to deposit it and send her the receipt and and picture of the teller who had helped me which I thought was extremely weird. Can someone plz tell me if this is something I should go forward with or this is a scam. If more info is needed plz let me know.
Advertisement

#307143 by Mike Wilson Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:06 am
Hello Maliamom,
This is a scam and the check that you receive will either be forged or stolen. Do not deposit the check as this will put you bank account at risk.

No legitimate employer will interview you via hangouts, hire you and then send you money. the best thing to do now is to stop all contact with this criminal by ignoring all emails and telephone calls.
Do not tell them that you know it is a scam, just go silent and let them wonder what went wrong.

Please post the original email and the reply to email address. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#307148 by vonpaso xlura Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:43 am
questcareers.com has been around since 2004 and is registered until 2022 by Quest, so it's genuine. The message you got, though, is a scam. Please post the email with complete headers so that we can see where it was really sent from and where the scammer expects to receive replies. Remove your name and address from the headers.

If the check comes by US Mail, take it unopened with printouts of the email to the US Postal Inspection Service. If it came by some other carrier, take it to that carrier's fraud department. The person who sent it is another victim of the scam and needs to be informed as soon as possible.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10