Information on romance scams and scammers.
#307319 by toriamos2016 Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:44 pm
Hi there i have met a US Army Millitary Policeman who is on a mission in nigeria of a dating site called Badoo. I have been chatting to him for a few months now and i have actually fallen in love with him. The way he speaks to me makes me feel so special. He has asked me to send him money which i did cause he told me it was for his kids. He has told me that he doesnt have access to his money cause his bank cards are back in south korea where his army base is. Do you think this is a scam
Advertisement

#307320 by Mike Wilson Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:11 pm
Hello toriamos2016,
I am sorry to tell you this but you are in contact with a Nigerian scammer. Everything that he told you was a lie to steal money from you. Any pictures that he sent you were probably copied from a real soldiers website.
Soldier have access to their money no matter where they are currently stationed. The lovely emails that he sent to you were probably copied from other online romance sites.
Please post the email address and the email asking for money to be sent to Nigeria. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#307365 by toriamos2016 Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:58 am
Hi there it wasnt email he was sending me he has been chatting to me through messenger on facebook but he says its called browser there
#307366 by toriamos2016 Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:04 am
Is there anyway of actually finding the real person in the pictures cause he must be a soldier cause i have pictures of him in his uniform with his name ?
#307376 by Tim Atem Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:21 am
We do not contact people who's photos have been stolen for the following reasons:

- they typically are already aware that their photos have been stolen
- it is an invasion of their privacy to track them down and contact them without knowing them personally
- it is harassment to contact them repeatedly (would you want to be contacted by strangers on the internet like that?)

Scamwarners does not condone contacting anyone who's photos are being used in a scam.

Please post the messages between you and him with your personal information removed.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5