Room for Rent and other rental scams
#331867 by coryscool Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:16 pm
I applied for a rental in kamloops bc , fully furnished studio everything included.
i applied and gave info and pics of myself, he said he is in Wyoming with his fiance. When
i went to the address its industrial and i couldnt find where the rental is . so i google mapped it and
its a 2000sq ft studio but its for sale . he said once i sent the DD the" keys and documents which include hard copy of tenant lease and agreement form letter of occupancy and the home documentary files. Now is this guy a scammer ? or for Real? His email is [email protected]. Please help need to know .

Thanks
Advertisement

#331868 by Mike Wilson Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:56 pm
Anyone offering to send the keys and contract for a rental is a scammer. Just stop responding to this criminal and ignore all emails, or other attempts to contact you.

Never send money for a rental without an in person inspection. Just like you found the scammers will often read real estate listing and the post the same property for rent at a low price. They hope to get a payment from the victims before they discover the scam.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon