Information on romance scams and scammers.
#335025 by Charlestongirl Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:25 am
I have been talking with a soldier and noticed that the emails were off. When I googled them some of them showed up on scam websites. However we usually text and his always say "sent from military base system". He claims to be originally from Germany so I didn't pay attention to some of the grammatical issues. He asked for a care package for the orphans he visits but then asked for money for a cell phone and watch. He had me arrange the transfer with a "UN diplomat as he can't get mail directly where he was. The diplomat contacted me and we arranged the transfer. He is using the name Marvin Roberts and ckaims to be a master Sergeant in the Army in Afghanistan.
Advertisement

#335027 by AlanJones Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:03 am
Sorry, but it's a scam. The message at the bottom of his texts is just something that he has added himself.

Diplomats to not randomly receive money for people and soldiers to not need to beg strangers on the Internet for money, they have full access to their own money.

Please post the full details of the fake soldier and also the fake diplomat as the other victims he is currently scamming may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.