Check Scams, Debt Collection scams and other financial scams.
#345749 by Que Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:06 am
Hello and i need help. I seem have been scammed by a person who want ti nuy old coin from me. He have approach me through instagram and ask if i have old coin to be sell. I said i have. Then we move more conversation through whatsapp to make deal. He claim he is legitimate collector. I believe to him after he give me photo of he is legitimate collector just like certificate authorize by US authority. Then he ask my phot of id card,seem im believe he is legitimate so i give picture of my id card. Then he also want convince me more have give his commercial driver license to prove he good buyer. Then after we deal with amount he want to pay..he rushed to bank to do instant transfer to my account. He do ask my fullname,bank account name,account number and email. He also give a picture bank of america he said he arrived..but seem im curious that the picture suspicious.im start google it. It seem same 100% he taken from internet..but he convince me that he does not have time to take real picture of him go to bank.. Then after 30 minutes i got an email came from his bank reprsentative the email also make me weird and suspect. The email is here
[email protected]
First im just does not care and follow his instruction. He ask me if i have got the email and the header of email is below
Sent from Bank Of America.

Sender is from [email protected]

BANK OF AMERICA has made the transfer of RM650,000.00 to your account and it's waiting pending because this is the first time you will be receiving money from international Bank of America into your local Malaysia bank account so you will need to activate at the ATM Machine with the tagged fee of RM900 once you make the payment send slip for confirmation so the bank office can confirm and automatically credit your account with RM650,000.00 and the fee of RM900 will be refunded after 10 mins ..
It attach a document which require me to go to the ATM that they prefer is CIMB bank to make activation fee rm900 beforw i can get whole money into my account. Detail of document is below

Paid to: obviously me
Reference number: xxzzzxx
Account number: my account number
Total amount: rmxxxxx as state above
activation fee :rm900
Im very suspect why i need to do payment and snap the payment slip to be given to him for clearance to get my money.

Then he keep telling me not to tell anyone for the deal we make...that more suspicious..
After im trying to hold to do payment at the Atm as he ask me to do.. He starting to accusing me that im trying to take his money away..he threating me to give my detail to FBI he claim he have friend in FBI to arrest me..then im feel what the hell it is..

I have check into my account that the money does not transfer..and it weird.

So im stop talk to him.blocking him.. Next what should i do. Please consult me..because he has my detail.
Thank you for advice.
Advertisement

#345750 by AlanJones Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:42 am
It's a scam - if someone transfers money to your bank account, it will always show as a credit in your account. Banks do not hold on to money until you pay "activation" fees.

Just block the scammer and do not respond to any more mails / calls from him.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.