Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#373601 by RamonG Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:35 pm
Hi everyone,

I fell for a Spam and I am very upset about it.
This is the situation: I am in Mexico and wanted to sell my Playstation VR. I posted my product on MercadoLibre and was contacted by a potential buyer. The buyer asked me to contact him via Email which I did and we discussed further details.

I then received an Email from [email protected] saying that the buyer made the payment and the money is being on hold. Once I confirm the shipping, the money will be placed on my account. I went ahead and shipped the item via DHL and replied to the email with proove of the shipment.

Then I received an Email that the payment was approved. But then today I received another Email saying that we have to pay 350USD via MoneyGram in order for the rest of the payment to be placed on our account. That is where we got suspicious and after researching in the internet I came across a lot of cases similar to these.

I have lost my products in the value of 850USD and wonder if there is anything I can do at this point?
I already reported the Email Fraud to 53 Bank Fraud Department.

Any other ideas or similar experiences?

We honor to inform you that the sum of $850.00USD that was transferred to you from Mrs Marina Lutt the buyer of your item has been updated to $850.00USD and transferred into the account details below :

--> my bank details are listed here

PAYMENT ACCOUNT DETAILS.
ACCOUNT HOLDER NAME
ACCOUNT NUMBER
CLABE NUMBER
EMAIL ADDRESS
COUNTRY BANK NAME
TOTAL AMOUNT

We have finished the procedure of the transferring of the full payment to your bank account, but you will need to ship the items out and send us the tracking number, for your shipment verification so that we can activate your bank account and the full payment of $850.00USD will be transferred to your account from FIFTH THIRD BANK® directly to your account.

This is our Information for buyer
1.You must know that once the payment has been made by the buyer the money now belongs to the seller and it will be transferred immediately to his or her account as soon as the seller follow our procedure.
2.Once shipment has been verified, the money will be delivered to seller account information given to us by you and hence from now on ,You did not have control on the money paid by you to the seller as we are the one to handle everything yours is to receive your item, we are using this policy to protect both the seller and buyer from internet fraud.

You can go ahead and ship out your buyer's item{s} and send FIFTH THIRD BANK ® the shipment tracking number in order to activate your bank account within the next 24 hours time and to finish the final process for us to transfer your full money into your bank account,you will receive your money as soon as you have send us the tracking number or a scanned copy of the shipment receipt ,You will have to ship the item to the shipping address provided by the buyer.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience or delay this may cause,we will like you to verify your bank information properly and see that there is no mistake. If there is kindly contact us through: [email protected]
***PLEASE NOTE***
Your bank account will be activated with the money immediately you send the shipment details and has been verified.This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.

Also if you have any question you can contact the FIFTH THIRD BANK® direct with this email address for further inquiry through the following email: [email protected]

***ATTENTION***
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment with 48 hours of receiving this Transfer Payment Approval Notification and get to our Transfer department/Technical Dept. with the tracking number for Shipment Verification.
THANKS FOR USING FIFTH THIRD BANK® ONLINE TRANSFER.
Advertisement