Information on romance scams and scammers.
#342184 by laviennejoy Lavez Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:03 pm
hi.. good eveing.. [Removed - AJ]. i met this guy through a dating site.. we both fell in love with each other. he ask me to take a request for his vacation leave to be with me and start a family.. his name is bryan philips an us army.. he gave me an email to send the request.. i want to know if its a valid email.. nothings wrong to be sure right?? thank u.

this is the reply letter from the email he sent me.
[email protected]
DEAR MADAM, 

THE DESK OF GENERAL DANIEL BRAUN

LEAVE REQUEST FOR PROCESSING DEPARTMENT WASHINTON DC. UNITED STATE.

THE TRANSIT DEPARTMENT OF ARMY WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT WE ARE IN RECEIPT OF YOUR LETTER AND THE CONTENT WAS REVIEWED AND WAS DULY NOTED. YOUR REQUEST WAS RECEIVED AND HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO ALL THE NECESSARY DEPARTMENTS OF THE U.S ARMY FOR AUTHORIZATION. THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE HAS REVIEW THE PROFILE OF THE SERVICE MEMBER SGT BRYAN PHILPS(Apo276/10/ARM, SSE6) ON BEHALF OF LEAVE REQUEST IS FILED AND CONFIRMED ELIGIBLE. THE TRANSIT DEPARTMENT OF U.S ARMY WOULD LIKE TO CONFIRM TO YOU THAT REQUEST CONCERNING THE PROCESS OF SGT BRYAN PHILPS LEAVE REQUEST HAS BEEN AUTHORIZED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT ACCORDING TO THE D.O.D POLICY ON FORM PASS AND LIBERTY. WE RECEIVED A PROCESSING CHARGE FOR IT TO BE APPROVED AND THE LEAVE REQUEST WILL BE GRANTED. ALL UPDATE ABOUT THE REQUEST WILL BE ADVISE DIRECTLY.

A PROCESSING FEE HAS TO BE PAID, WHILE THE

PROCESSING FEE OF $350.00.....( THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS) WILL BE SEND TO US, ONCE WE CONFIRM THE RECEIPT OF THE PAYMENT IN THE NEXT 48HOURS AND THE ATTACHED FORM WILL BE SEND TO YOU, WE WILL SEND A LETTER TO THE SAID OFFICER, WILL BE SEND TO THE COMMANDANT IN-CHARGE OF THE SAID OFFICER FOR AWARENESS
Last edited by AlanJones on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details
Advertisement

#342187 by Michelle Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:20 pm
^^^^^^

This is a definite scam.

The US Army would not write to you from a free email account (which is what the Yahoo address is).

The army and the soldier are the same scammer, which is why the original contact has not asked you for any money. If you pay the $350 then there will be some reason why the soldier cant visit you (probably needing you to send more money).

I would advise you to cease all contact with both the "soldier" and the "army" as they are just looking to scam you out of your hard earned money.