Information on romance scams and scammers.
#359171 by Vro Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:41 am
I would like to find out if this is a Scam. I met this guy online. He says he is a UN relief doctor now at Sudan. He will be there for 9 months. We only have chatted on watsapp. I never spoke on the phone as he said he is not allowed to talk on phone. After chatting for about 3 weeks, he said he wants to come see me. He asked me to write an email to his boss and to get leave permission for him to come visit me. And he said if the leave is approved, then I have to pay US 97 for the processing fee. I wrote the email to his boss and the boss replied that he has approved the leave. I have to fill up some forms and give to him before he process the leave. In the form I need to write my full name, occupation address.
And I also need to fill up a Moneyback Guarantee form and submit to them. I don't feel comfortable in doing this. Please advice. Thank you.
Advertisement

#359172 by Mike Wilson Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:41 am
Hello and welcome to Scamwarners,
This is a scam and all they want is your money. The best thing to do now is to stop all communications with this thief without saying another word to him. Do not tell him that you know it is a scam, just go silent and ignore him.

Please post a copy of the emails, including the email address and telephone number. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon