Information on romance scams and scammers.
#367485 by Jayjay17 Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:16 pm
Hello
I have been in contact with a military men station in Afghanistan, for over 3 months. Now he wants to go on vacation to us and come to the point where I hot email from United nation about the application and approval... So United nation does this??
Also they want me to pay for the vacation or leave whatever... I got like a form and now they want me to wire money to an account in Alaska,,, alot of money I think like 4500 so this is the email address
[email protected]
Can someone help me please
Advertisement

#367486 by Mike Wilson Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:22 pm
Hello Jayjay17,
You are in contact with a scammer. A real soldier does not pay for his vacation or transportation home. I am sorry to say but everything that he told you was a lie to steal money from you.
Stop all communications with this criminal without saying another word to him. Block or ignore all emails and telephone calls.
Please post a copy of the email asking for the money to be sent to Alaska. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting.
If you have any additional questions please ask.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#367508 by Jayjay17 Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:18 am
I of course said I will not make such a payment so ::::
he gave me his a bank account and password to citibank to show me that he has founds there so when I loged in there I was able to see...!!! How is this possible? How could this be scared??? I logged in from my device...
#367509 by AlanJones Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:40 am
What is the exact URL of the website that he told you to go to?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#367511 by AlanJones Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:49 am
citihomelbnk.com is not a real Citibank website, it was set up by the scammer as part of the scam, so that he can show victims that his money exists. The fake domain was registered in August last year by someone using a privacy service to hide their identity.

As requested, please post a copy of the email asking for the money to be sent to Alaska - that account is being used by the scammer to steal from other victims and we would like to report it to the relevant authorities to stop the scammer. The account also possibly belongs to another scam victim who is being used by the scammer to launder money.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#367512 by Jayjay17 Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:55 am
This is the email I got requesting money to be transferred for military service men former deployment stationed in Afghanistan

Hello Janka

It is our responsibility to accept and grant leave or vacation to officers under the United Nations body who’s family or spouse have applied for their leave or vacation and have met the requirement for their release.
As part of the replacement policy of officers who’s family have seek for their leave or vacation, it is the responsibility of the family to pay the cost of deploying another officer to stand in for the released officer during the period of vacation and also it is our responsibility to contact and pay an advance check in fee to the resort location they intend to spend their vacation. This is to keep a close tap on our officers and their family for security reasons and you’re here by advised to check in the exact location you’ve booked for the vacation

From our head office here in Afghanistan you’re required to make cash deposit to our secretary bank account in Alaska.

Account name: Biakpara Tenna
Account no: 9946851764
Bank name: Wells Fargo

Noted - AJ

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018
#367733 by TheScamHater Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:12 pm
^^^
What was the email address?

Do not send money (especially Western Union Money Gram) to a stranger on the Internet! It's a scam! No matter the reason! Don't trust them!

DO NOT tell a scammer his information is posted here or you know he is a fraud