HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#379323 by mikelph Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:56 am
I just received an email from [email protected] representing Credit Europe Bank. Please advise if it's real. I'm selling an item online here in Philippines. A woman named Maria Benitez from other country wants to buy the item. She told me she made the payments thru Europe Credit Bank. I received an email from [email protected] representing Europe Credit Bank stated that as soon as the Europe Credit Bank customer service got the shipment's tracking number for security purposes and the safety of the buyer with the seller, the money will be credited to seller's account within 6-12 hours.I wonder if the email is real from the Credit Europe Bank. Somebody please advise.
Advertisement

#379324 by AlanJones Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:52 am
It's a definite scam. accountant.com is a free email address provider, not something a real bank would be using.

Also, banks do not hold on to funds pending confirmation that an item has been shipped. If the money has been transferred then it will appear in your account.

The best thing to do is block the fake bank and the buyer and stop responding to them. Don'^t accuse them of being scammers, they'll just deny it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.