HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#381439 by Ricks Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:29 am
I have a PC listed on Craigslist and I received a full price offer. He sent me an email stating this, Sounds sketchy to me...

Hi,

Thank you so much for your response, I've been working really long weeks at work so I won't be able to meet with you before purchase, but am ok with the price and condition as shown on
the advert, I'll proceed in issuing a check to you and when you receive the payment and it clears, I will make arrangement for pickup. So get back to me with below details asap.

Full name :
Physical Address (Only,not po box):
City, State, Zip:
Your cell Phone Number:
Deal Price:

As soon as this is provided, payment will be overnight to you through FEDEX next day delivery and I will let you know then tracking number of the package. I will also add an additional $50 for
keeping other buyers off till my check gets to you, also please delete the posting or mark as sold.

Thanks and I hope we handle this in good faith while waiting to
hearing from you.
Advertisement

#381440 by AlanJones Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:39 am
It's a scam. The check he sends you will be fake, and he will include extra money to pay for his shipping, which he will ask you to forward to a third party. He hopes that you send the money before the check is discovered to be fake and the payment reversed.

From the writing, the scammer is a West African.

Just delete the email and don't respond. What email address is the scammer using?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#381446 by Terminator5 Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:51 am
SCAM , POST ALL THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE ON THIS INDIVIDUAL .

Daniel 8 :25
#385820 by Dracostar_212005 Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 pm
I just had this same person contact me today about a motorcycle I am selling on craigslist and they told me to email them back at [email protected] then I got this same reply as you did and I knew right away that it was a scam. So i emailed them back and tolded them i only accept cash up front and in person. Hope this helps.
#385854 by Terminator5 Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 am
Thanks for posting the latest email address these criminals are using.

Daniel 8 :25