HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#381661 by PattyL Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:35 am
The following are the messages he told me:
I am from AMERICA (miami florida)
but i am currently deployed to syria for an under covered/peace keeping mission.
i am a surgeon military doctor in the US Army. where are you from and what is your job ?
I am 15 years in the army and I will soon retire, I just wait to complete this mission,
then I will retire .
I am MILITARY SURGEON DOCTOR
my salary is $ 20,000 usd before but increased because I was placed in war zone
to $ 35,000 usd every month for more than 17 months now, although not too big,
but I have been on a mission here. the Syrian war zone,
our army camp, so I have not been able to assess my bank account,
all my salary will be huge now and with that I am sure I can take care of my future wife
and give her the best and all her heart desires.
He said his name is Jerry Maxwell
We met through a dating software for just three days,he ask to have official relationship today .
Is this obviously a fraud case?
Please help me to figure it out,tks.
Advertisement

#381662 by AlanJones Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:53 am
Please post the email address that he is using, along with any other email addresses that he may have given you and any telephone numbers he uses.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#381664 by AlanJones Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:55 am
He's a scammer.

Legitimate soldiers deployed in a war zone would not be online looking for love and chatting to people, they would spend any spare time they have talking to their real friends and family. They also would have no problem accessing their bank account - he's mentioning it so that he can ask you to receive money for him

Also, if the bits that are in upper case are how he typed them then this is because they have been copied and pasted into a pre-typed script that he uses for all his fake characters.

Just block him and stop communicating, but don't accuse him of being a scammer, he will just try to deny it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.