HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#383028 by Bojang1ess Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:15 pm
Hello,
So starting to think this is a scam, judging by some of the other emails I have seen posted, but would like to make sure. So I applied for a PA job on indeed and got a email back requesting to email my resume to James if I was interested. looking back this probably should have been my first sign, im normally pretty good at dodging scams but I needed a job. Ill post his correspondence below. He eventually asked for address and the like, no social or card or anything, just basic info, I gave it to him, but now im worried, what could he do with my name and address?

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for getting back to me . You were referred to me based on your resume and my urgent need for a Personal Assistant (PA). My current PA is on Maternity leave for 8 Months, hence my immediate need for a Personal Assistant. I will be placing you on probational 3-Months Employment starting from today and your duties will include but are not limited to;

Assisting with the office duties

Running errands such as:
(i) Making donations to Orphanage homes on my behalf.
(ii) Shopping, scheduling of meetings, flights and keeping me up to date on my schedule.
(iii) Making sure all outstanding bills billed to me are paid in timely manner.

You will also act as an alternative telephone correspondence to clients when needed to. Making regular contacts and file drop-offs to clients on my behalf when needed, Handle and monitor some of my Financial activities.

Just so you know i am a 54 years old retired Civil Engineer, am a local and international successful entrepreneur and also have investments in the real estate market which makes me travel often within and outside the United States working on various independent projects.

Considering this a part-time position, I will maintain a fair degree of flexibility in terms of working around your other commitments. I will provide a clear set of instructions for each task I need to be done and sufficient funds to cover all errands.

Currently am away in Granby,Quebec meeting with partners and should be back in 13 days to arrange a formal interview with you and for the necessary signing of your Employment Contract.

Please note that this position is not office-based until I return from Toronto,It is a part-time job, and some weeks you will be busier than others, although the pay stays constant and to remind you the NET pay is $700-800per week. I do have a number of things you could help me with this week if you will be within reach for me.

Please complete the questionnaires for our record:

1 - Are you eligible to work in the United States?
2 - Do You have any Criminal Records (If Yes, Specify)_____
3 - Are you a leader or a follower?
3 - How often do you check your email: ______
4 - What’s your availability: Hours Available: From __ To ___
5 -Are you available to start work this week ?
6 - What are your career goals?

Waiting to read from you.

Kind regards,

James Roger

This message and any attachments transmitted with it are intended only for the designated recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, copying, distribution or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

and the second after I answered these;

Dear Applicant

Thank you for the quick response your first assignment will be sent out next week as you resume work next week , i would like you to watch out for my email for further instructions , Kindly get back to me with the details below

Full Name :
Address (P.O box Not allowed):
Apt Number:
City:
State:
ZipCode:
Mobile (Suitable for SMS):
Current Occupation:

As for the interview , that will be arranged first week of my arrival back to the state

Best regards,

James Roger

This message and any attachments transmitted with it are intended only for the designated recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, copying, distribution or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system

Starting to feel like an idiot, looking back on these, any help you could offer would be great, thank you
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#383030 by AlanJones Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:29 pm
It's a definite scam - the scammer wants you to launder money for him, by having victims send it to you and then you pay it to the "orphanage".

What email address is he using?

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.