HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#400064 by Chicago09 Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:10 pm
I’ve been texting through WhatsApp a Michael Ahmed Edwards who says he is an RN with the United Nations in Abu Dhabi/ Dubai. I received the below email from him today. Is this legit? He’s sent me many pictures as well. I just need to make sure this is legit or a scam. There are grammatical errors as well as typos.

Email:

Babe check this out

Michael Edward
to me
3 hours agoDetails

------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, November 5, 2019, 11:32 PM
Subject: CON­GR­AT­U­LA­TION­S ON YOUR LEAVE APPROVAL!!!
To: [Removed - AJ]

We hereby declare that the leave request has been authorized for you RN Michael Ahmed Edwards of the Army department working for the United Nations Military supply unit currently serving your deployment in the Dubai/Abu-dhabi boarders, You are expected to pay a fee of $2,450 for the flight fee, from the section (8) of our policy ,This leave will be issued to you to enable you leave the UAE through the Al Bateen Executive Airport used by all the allied forces here in UAE and also the pass will confirm your eligibility at the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport

NOTE: All the money spent during the transit process including the transfer
charges would be refunded to you immediately we confirm your arrival at the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport

Congratulations for your leave has been granted and you can leave the base as soon as the money for your flight is paid and confirmed
Regards,
Multi-National Corps – Public Affairs Office, Camp Kunbex
APO AE 09342.
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details
Advertisement

#400068 by malu53 Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:32 pm
100% scam

no fees for leave approvals

the email address in previous post ...
look on hangout

pic yields numerous profiles in the web, i.e.

Twitter
Scott
@Scott98108600
restricted access to profile, due to suspicious activities

loveplanet
Jeffrey Ramond, 50 yo, from Fremont, CA

wmatch
jeffrey scott from California

furthermore on topface and waplog, and ...
#400078 by Chicago09 Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:44 pm
Found this character of Muzmatch.com which is a matchmaking website for Muslims. I wish I could post the other pictures he sent so at least I can prevent someone else falling for this. Of course he looks nothing like the photo included in the email. Can anyone help?