HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#400064 by Chicago09 Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:10 pm
I’ve been texting through WhatsApp a Michael Ahmed Edwards who says he is an RN with the United Nations in Abu Dhabi/ Dubai. I received the below email from him today. Is this legit? He’s sent me many pictures as well. I just need to make sure this is legit or a scam. There are grammatical errors as well as typos.

Email:

Babe check this out

Michael Edward
to me
3 hours agoDetails

------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Tue, November 5, 2019, 11:32 PM
Subject: CON­GR­AT­U­LA­TION­S ON YOUR LEAVE APPROVAL!!!
To: [Removed - AJ]

We hereby declare that the leave request has been authorized for you RN Michael Ahmed Edwards of the Army department working for the United Nations Military supply unit currently serving your deployment in the Dubai/Abu-dhabi boarders, You are expected to pay a fee of $2,450 for the flight fee, from the section (8) of our policy ,This leave will be issued to you to enable you leave the UAE through the Al Bateen Executive Airport used by all the allied forces here in UAE and also the pass will confirm your eligibility at the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport

NOTE: All the money spent during the transit process including the transfer
charges would be refunded to you immediately we confirm your arrival at the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport

Congratulations for your leave has been granted and you can leave the base as soon as the money for your flight is paid and confirmed
Regards,
Multi-National Corps – Public Affairs Office, Camp Kunbex
APO AE 09342.
Last edited by AlanJones on Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details
Advertisement

#400068 by malu53 Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:32 pm
100% scam

no fees for leave approvals

the email address in previous post ...
look on hangout

pic yields numerous profiles in the web, i.e.

Twitter
Scott
@Scott98108600
restricted access to profile, due to suspicious activities

loveplanet
Jeffrey Ramond, 50 yo, from Fremont, CA

wmatch
jeffrey scott from California

furthermore on topface and waplog, and ...
#400078 by Chicago09 Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:44 pm
Found this character of Muzmatch.com which is a matchmaking website for Muslims. I wish I could post the other pictures he sent so at least I can prevent someone else falling for this. Of course he looks nothing like the photo included in the email. Can anyone help?
#404016 by Mira Arch Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:59 am
Hi there!!
I have received the same /identical email from the same person with that name (but this time his name is slightly different: Medina Michael Edwards)
We v met online, on muzmatch app.
He said that he is half mexicain and half American, living in st Paul in Minnesota and working as a military nurse. He said he is in mission in UAE borders!
We are still talking on whatsapp and he sent me few pictures coz he said he doesn’t have many saved on his phone (which i didn’t believe) and everytime i m asking him for more but same excuses again lol
After talking only for few days and not everyday, the guy started talking about love and wanting to come to visit and get married and bla bla bla... i was like : hold on! Is he serious? We barely talk and know each other! But i let him continue his performance loool
To be honest I didn’t believe him and started to doubt and being more suspicious.
I began to ask him many questions about many things and he said that i dont trust him (of course i wont trust someone who v never FaceTime me even one time!!) and his excuse is that he cant with his actual mobile and that he ordered a new one & his friend will bring it with him when coming from USA to the Military base.
Then he came out with the famous idea to come to visit me and that he is trying so hard to have his leaving approval.
Last Tuesday, he asked for my email address To send me this on Thursday:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 08:37
Subject: Fwd: Babe check this out
To: <my email>
------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, January 27, 2020, 03:32 PM
Subject: CON­GR­AT­U­LA­TION­S ON YOUR LEAVE APPROVAL!!!
To: <[email protected]>
We hereby declare that the leave request has been authorized for you, RN. Medina Michael Edwards of the Army department working for the United States Military supply unit currently serving your deployment in the UAE boarders, You are expected to pay a fee of $1,450 for the flight and other related payments, from the section (8) of our policy ,This leave will be issued to you to enable you leave UAE through the Abu Dhabi international airport used by all the allied forces here in UAE and also the pass will confirm your eligibility at the Agadir Al-Massira International Airport
NOTE: All the money spent during the transit process including the transfer
charges would be refunded to you immediately we confirm your arrival at the Agadir Al-Massira International Airport
Congratulations for your leave has been granted and you can leave the base as soon as the payment is paid and confirmed
Regards,
Multi-National Corps – Public Affairs Office, Camp Kunbex
APO AE 09342.
My first reaction (the same day i received it) was looking on the internet for more information about the names, the emails, the camp name... everything and FIRST THING i found is this scammer warner website ... and i was really shocked how mamy people have been fooled by this kind of scammers.but i m also very happy that i was smart and watchful and didn’t fall for his trap!
Now i will face him with his own lies then i will block him and also will report him in any other website to warn everyone.

My advice for u sisters: plz don’t fall and never trust that easy
And always keep asking the person for any proof u might need to be sure about his real existence and what he is saying.
Ask about full name, postal address, family pictures, video call...
and of course make searchs online about everything.
May god protect all of us.

Ps: i will podt hid fake pictures soon