HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#400756 by Question Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:06 am
Hi,
Just got contacted at Tinder by a guy that I think might be a scammer because of his distance to me (I live in Sweden) and his story.

His name is Nicolas and he wrote:
” nice to hear from you now I tell you about myself. I’m originally from Chicago Illinois but currently living and working here in China. I’m a engineering contractor by profession and I build and maintain residential homes. I’m divorced and ready to start another life with a nice woman who is ready for serious relationship. Please tell me more about yourself too. Hope to hear from you! But I’m currently in Horst for a business meeting”

I have been contacted by scammers before and recognized the story and writing. He also looks younger than the age he has mentioned and I think the pictures look kind of old. What do you think?
Advertisement

#400757 by Terminator5 Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:23 am
Scam . That wasn't written by anyone from the USA

Daniel 8 :25
#400759 by Terminator5 Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:25 am
Please post links to any of his online profiles so we can look at them .

Thx

#401045 by Terminator5 Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:17 am
Can't find these images on the internet , But if you carefully examine them you'll see a difference in hair color and facial features . Can you private message a copy and paste of the wording he uses on his profile .

THANKS

#401269 by Question Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:35 pm
Terminator5 wrote:Can't find these images on the internet , But if you carefully examine them you'll see a difference in hair color and facial features . Can you private message a copy and paste of the wording he uses on his profile .

THANKS

Yes, right! He doesn’t have any text on his profile but he sent this to me:
” nice to hear from you now I tell you about myself. I’m originally from Chicago Illinois but currently living and working here in China. I’m a engineering contractor by profession and I build and maintain residential homes. I’m divorced and ready to start another life with a nice woman who is ready for serious relationship. Please tell me more about yourself too. Hope to hear from you!”
#401273 by maluu53 Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:35 pm
I assume it's a scammer, found this pic (the 2nd pic you uploaded)

on toopics.com
George Richards
@kub.anika_

2 Posts
50 Followers
535 Following
private profile

the person wrote
a engineering contractor by profession <<< 100% scammer English

check pics on google for US actor Randall Gene „Randy“ Spelling
to me it look like as if scammer has stolen the pics of this actor for his fake profile
#401287 by Question Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:26 am
maluu53 wrote:I assume it's a scammer, found this pic (the 2nd pic you uploaded)

on toopics.com
George Richards
@kub.anika_

2 Posts
50 Followers
535 Following
private profile

the person wrote
a engineering contractor by profession <<< 100% scammer English

check pics on google for US actor Randall Gene „Randy“ Spelling
to me it look like as if scammer has stolen the pics of this actor for his fake profile

Yes, you are right! The pictures seem to be stolen from this actor. I will report the profile at Tinder. Thank you!! :D