HAVE QUESTIONS? - ASK FOR HELP HERE - Have you received an email you aren't sure about? Are you currently corresponding with someone you suspect is a scammer? Do you have questions about a scam? Post here for answers and advice.
#401551 by Mindwanderings Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:52 pm
Hi all!
I don't have all the details as it is a relative that this is happening with but I could get more info if needed. What I do know is that it sounds sketchy a heck.
A random lady emails him saying she wants to team up to do business together....he is in his 60s hasn't worked in over 10 years, is on disability and had no business experience. She hasn't asked for any personal information....yet. He said she's Asian. Not sure if she said where she lives but now she said she'll take him on a cruise around the world??!!! Obviously this isn't something people offer strangers or even most people we do know :lol: Anyone heard of this? He has very limited funds and barely gets by and is looking into getting a passport which is wasting money. I'm assuming she's gaining his trust first. He is very private with his personal info but still his mind is going downhill so idk what he may provide her in the future. Idk if this is dangerous or if she just wants money. But any help would be great!
Thanks!
Advertisement

#401564 by AlanJones Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:12 am
A definite scam.

Anyone that randomly emails you should b treated with suspicion. There is no such thing as legitimate directories of email addresses, so such individuals can only have got the victims email address from a dodgy mailing list.

There will very likely be a request for money or the scammer could try to recruit him as a money mule to receive funds on their behalf.

The best thing for your relative to do is cut off all contact with this individual.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#402561 by Mindwanderings Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:36 pm
Thanks,
I got more info. He says she coming to the US from China and is going to pay him insane amounts of money to show her around and she's gonna teach him real estate since she's a millionaire.
Could someone actually be meeting him? What would they do? And he claims he can't be a scam cause she knows he had no money :?
You think they are just doing this for kicks? Or could he be in danger? He really doesn't have money so what could happen here?